NextGenRoms

Kiwami 2 failed to show at E3

Axeo30

So im a bit disappointed and anyone here can correct me if im wrong. I was watching the Sony press conference and I saw on the schedule beforehand they'd have a new trailer for Yakuza Kiwami 2. Sadly it never showed. I even tried Youtubing it to see if it showed. Honestly I feel sega dropped the ball here. Yeah its just a remake but to me its alot more. This will be the first of the remakes to use the Dragon engine from Yakuza 6. So I have high hopes for it. Plus the story is Solid, despite popular opinion. I have been playing it on PS2 and im looking forward to August when it comes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn't really pay much attention to gaming news the past week, until yesterday. But I know Sega wouldn't be dumb enough to miss out on this opporunity.

It looks like Sega is advertising Kiwami 2 as much as it should. It would be hypocritical if it didn't since they also announced remakes of 3 to 5 to be released periodically in the next 6 months. There was a booth with demo of the game at E3, and they've also released live gameplay footage less than a day ago:

Though I'd still be excited if I saw another trailer. I've seen this a few days ago, and it was fire:  :SugoiDesu:

• Like 2

Haha tbh i just ate my words before coming here just now. I found the trailer on my feed and i feel like an idiot lol. And yes it looks amazing. Not to mention you play as freaking Majima again. I love his fighting style from Yakuza 0. Plus they added in the tower defense minigame from Yakuza 6 that has me hyped and Majima still gives me chills with his ridiculous over the top entrance in the arena. If y'all ever get the chance find a best of Majima compilation on youtube there is alot of funny bits that'll get your sides splitting.

Edited by Axeo30