NextGenRoms

What type of learner are you?

I'm curious what is the best way people prefer to learn in our little group. This will help me determine the best learning approach to the group. I was thinking of making some kind of learning guides for NGR people.

This is the hidden content, please

I got:

me.PNG.0afc16aa544875b2451b3845e8fb7118.PNG

Mostly true haha, but not the "pats on the back". No thanks, hands off please! :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I got "Auditory Learner".

TjoKu52.png

But, I don't know... I don't feel like this is correct. I feel like reading things aloud is the least effective method I've ever tried. I'm more into reading and spaced repetition.

10 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

but not the "pats on the back". No thanks, hands off please! :D

If I would've rigged your quiz results, I'd make it pat on the head. :cinalewd:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Since I'm a combination learner (despite what that silly quiz says, but hey, it was just a discussion starter!), I need VISUALS, SOUNDS, ASSOCIATION, and KINETIC MOVEMENTS (even a mouse click helps), to solidify stuff into my memory. It's a real chore for me to remember things on a computer when I see the Overwatch icon, news tabs, NGR tab, etc. just a few inches away. X_X

For example I learned Hiragana by making a minigame for myself (making it myself greatly helps solidify my memory also) matching the kana with a character and click dragging the kana to the correct spot. If I'm right, an audio file plays confirming the kana's name. After that, the random kana will change to one of the other five. (a stroke animation there too, but it's off to the side.) I wanted to do more with katakana and kanji..or maybe different ideas. I've been busy with finding work and other in real life things.

minigame.PNG.3028ffdb45ca1cfd69fd57c8052f6aaa.PNG

Obviously to me now, that kana is "Ru" so I drag it to Rukia's (the girl in the middle, she's from Bleach) location. I can learn things very fast that way. The problem is the time it takes me to create all the assets for the actual project..haha.

Anyways that's probably the best way for me to learn- from a video game, since video games have been the core of my life for learning and entertainment as long as I can remember! I even made a mock interview for myself by making a short visual novel, and it helped IMMENSELY with prepping for my last interview.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RyouBakura said:

"Avoid distraction during study time". I don't get why that's an issue for only a specific type of learner.

Personally whenever im studying or want to focus into doing something, inmediatly anything can distract me and is very powerful that I drop whatever I was doing just for a silly thing. Like for example: out of nowhere I sundely remeber this tune and  expend more than a hour looking for it, once I found it, didnt even bother to download it, mark it, or even writte it down, and didnt do shit, and this do happend very often when I want to get something done (like today, was suppost to dig more about german language but im watching Erased), Im not sure if it has anything to do with being a visual leaner or im just f- lazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a problem with having to find a "perfect song" before I can get into studying mood, sometimes. But then I spend almost an hour on Youtube trying to find it and by then I have to do something else..! Then I'm like, well, I'm studying, maybe I should download something to have my computer do something else while I'm studying since I'm not using it for anything but studying. I blame the internet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.138aa7dbba971e40b39ad01ab667ead5.png

I do read a lot of stuff aloud. Hearing my own voice helps sort of cement things. And I hum whatever song of the month is stuck in my head (currently something off Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers). I wonder if this sort of categorization has any relation to the forms of art I find easiest to digest or produce. I write in my own time and read out my lines to get a feel for the flow, and I used to play bass guitar (before mine broke).

On 5/6/2018 at 12:29 AM, RyouBakura said:

"Avoid distraction during study time". I don't get why that's an issue for only a specific type of learner.

I feel that this is universal. I can't help but look into anything that hits me as interesting. Go down this rabbit hole. Oh look! Another one! And there goes my day.

• Upvote 3