HeXEn is a really handy tool for setting up xbox and lets you

• Set up new un-formatted HDD
  • TSOP flash your v1.5 or below xbox
  • Re-install and set up a softmod
  • Install apps like chimp and xbmc
  • Swap video outputs if your tv doesn't support NTSC or PAL
  • Install dashboard like UnleashX and EvoX
  • Run DVD2XBOX and XBpartitioner right of the disk in the xbox admin section 

And loads more. I mainly use it for TSOP flashing xboxs and setting up new HDDs for mod chipped xboxs
The last one is great, just stick a new un-formatted HDD in the xbox, boot the disk and HeXEn goes "oh that's a new HDD would you like me to format that and install all the needed file to it" 

Please note: When booting HeXEn it will take quite a long time to load. if the xbox is still stuck on the xbox boot screen for longer then 10 minutes then try resetting your console and try again. Sometimes HeXEn will refuse to boot on some mod-chipped and TSOP flashed xboxs, If your xbox is modded and wont boot HeXEn put the disk in the xbox but don't boot it, then go to the file browser in your dashboard and go to the D partition folder thingy then run root.xbe. It will still take like 5 minutes to boot but this should work if you couldn't boot of the disk befoul.

Download:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Password for RAR file:

As requested for by @Gamerone :<3: well i think it was him it took me a little bit to get this up and sorted...

• Like 24
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

@cactusjoe3 yeah i have no idea how anybody did anything with that poor slayers disk :KannaSpooky: i use to run Auto Install Deluxe and still do from time to time but its sorta out dated and HeXEn runs wayyy better for like 99% of the things  

Glade you found it ok @tazfaedodge and welcome to NGR :KannaWave:if you need anything else just ask in the appropriate request thread we don't bite... most of use don't anyways >__<

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cacayea3 said:
Please login or register to see this code.

It's ok my English is terrible too >__<'
But I'm not to sure what you mean by a virtual chip? HxbSEMMz.png Any half decent mod chip should would fine and as for a TSOP flashed xbox, I have never tried putting a brand new hdd in it (I cheat and stick pre formatted unlocked hdds in) but it should work but just make sure you keep your old hdd, don't unlock it or format it just in case you need to stick it back into the xbox again.

If you are talking abort a TSOP flash they are more or less the same as a mod chip just they run the code that's on the mod chip on the xbox it's self so they can do almost anything the mod chips can do

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 2:48 AM, MobCat said:

It's ok my English is terrible too >__<'
But I'm not to sure what you mean by a virtual chip? Please login or register to see this link. Any half decent mod chip should would fine and as for a TSOP flashed xbox, I have never tried putting a brand new hdd in it (I cheat and stick pre formatted unlocked hdds in) but it should work but just make sure you keep your old hdd, don't unlock it or format it just in case you need to stick it back into the xbox again.

If you are talking abort a TSOP flash they are more or less the same as a mod chip just they run the code that's on the mod chip on the xbox it's self so they can do almost anything the mod chips can do

Please login or register to see this code. Please login or register to see this code.
Please login or register to see this code.

@cacayea3 Sorry for the delay also. And sorry for the really long replay when all you really wanted to know was if you could upgrade the HDD the TL;DR is yes but it might be a pain but keep reading if you want to know more abort that as I kinda got a bit carried away..

So to my knowledge flashing or modding of the disk drive is only really a thing on the x360 and the GameCube, the way the mod on a og xbox is done is either a modchip or TSOP flash which is a full bios replacement removing the game copy protection entitle and adding a bunch of stuff like the ability to add new HDD or a soft mod which replaces the default xbox os on the HDD with a modded one letting you run copied games for there.
Ok so first of we need to work out if you have a TSOP flash or a soft mod so when you boot your xbox dose the boot splash screen have any modded text like the evo x triange or the xecuter then it might be TSOP flashed.
PYpgZ434.jpg7RHsjUxG.png

If it dose not have a modded boot splash screen and still boots to a modded dash like this then it might be a soft mod
unleashx+original+xbox+dashboard.jpg
If you are 100% sure that there is not physical modchip but the xbox has been opened befoul and there is a modded boot splash screen then you most likely have a TSOP flashed xbox meaning the original bios has been modded to act like a modchip.

If you don't have a modded boot splash screen and the xbox has not been opened but it still boots to a modded dashboard then you have a soft modded console.
Sorry for the over explanation I just wanted to clear up a few things first as some times a TSOP flash can be called a virtual modchip and I just wanted to make sure we where not confusing a TSOP flashing and a soft moding.
There is a xbox bios checker that you can run that will tell you if you have a modchip, a modded bios or are running a stock bios but I haven't uploaded that tool yet soo i'm going to do that meow..

If you have a mod-chipped or TSOP flashed xbox - Yes you can upgrade the HDD just make sure the new HDD is unformatted or blank formatted to make the initial set up a tiny bit quicker and then boot HeXEn and it will detect a new blank HDD and will walk you though setting it up for use with the xbox.

If you have a Soft Modded xbox - Yes you can upgrade the HDD but is a super pain in the butt and it doesn't look like you can do it with HeXEn :( Also it's not recommend as if the HDD dies or becomes unlocked then you have a bricked xbox till you put the original HDD back in it or install a modchip.
But if you wanted to upgrade a HDD in a soft modded xbox and you understand it's going to be a massive pain This would be how you would do that.

First of you need to make sure the HDD you are putting in the xbox can be locked (you can look up your HDD Please login or register to see this link. ) so you wont be able to put a SATA HDD or a SSD in the xbox you will have to use a IDE HDD that is on that compatibility list (There are some SATA HDDs that can be locked but only sum so it's just easier to go with a IDE HDD). Then you have to use chimp (Another tool I haven't uploaded yet) and a molex hdd power splitter, another xbox or random computer power supply to run and power 2 IDE HDD in one xbox then we can clone the original HDD over to the new HDD and lock the new HDD to the xbox, this is important as if you don't lock the new HDD the soft modded xbox will not boot and will through a error 5 of the top of my head. Once you have all of the original HDD cloned over to the new HDD and quadruple check the new HDD is locked to your xbox then you can unplug all that junk form your xbox, install your new HDD and boot Auto-Installer Deluxe IV (yeah I know it's old but it doesn't look like you can set up soft modded HDD in HeXEn, Please let me know if you know how). Then go to Format / Prepare HDD and then Format Large HDD this will give you a warning and you can just press OK and wait for it to be done. Now go back to the main menu and go to Softmod One-Click Installers then select Single Boot No Virtual C and then pick a custom dashboard you want to use then follow the promps and wait for it to install.

When install IDE HDDs into the xbox you also need to make sure you have the jumper on the back of the HDD set to cable select and if that doesn't boot then set to slave.
seagate-jumber.jpg
It is different for every IDE HDD so check the label on the HDD for the correct settings. If the HDD is set to Master or single drive then the xbox will boot the HDD first and ignore the DVD drive meaning you wont be able to boot a game or HeXEn unless you do it from a modded dashboard and even then you may have issues.

• Like 1

A bit of a disappointment, but this .rar file is corrupt.

Hi @lhfraga :KannaWave:and welcome to NGR... PS you can just hit the like blue heart thing to unlock the hidden link if you don't want to make comments

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 5:30 AM, MobCat said:

@cactusjoe3 yeah i have no idea how anybody did anything with that poor slayers disk :KannaSpooky: i use to run Auto Install Deluxe and still do from time to time but its sorta out dated and HeXEn runs wayyy better for like 99% of the things  

@MobCat i try'd auto install deluxe but i got anytime issues because of large hard disk or ftp server issues , after i used the slayer disk and modchip bios update my xbox runs on evo better , no ftp issues and my hdd runs correctly , i just need to fix some game issues  i got  , some games from here runs without problems  , some not .. but the most "patched " dont starts.. up xD