Weird text issue with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (USA)

Question

When I downloaded the iso for the game, it ran normally, but the large text (such as on the file select screen and bestiary) was different. It looks more stylized, but it's also wider and causes things like this image (link below) where the text for checking the card is cut off by the screen border and several bestiary entries to have incorrect spacing and periods. I don't know if it's the emulator (ePSXe 2.0.5) since the same issue persists through every copy of the iso I try (they all seem to be ripped from the original release and not the Greatest Hits copy). I was hoping somebody here might offer an explanation

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Myetche
  • Upvote 1

3 answers to this question

It could be a couple of things.  Your settings might have done something to change it or the game could use the ps1 in a way that most games normally don't run which the emulator maker would not account for. Read more about how hard it is to make every game perfectly work on an emulator. This snes emulator has to run at 3ghz to make games work perfectly Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1