NextGenRoms

Axeo30

So i didnt know this and somehow it doesnt suprise me. But there is a Live action Yakuza movie called Like a Dragon. Its cheesy as far as movies go but its in all the right ways. Its a condensed plot of the first Yakuza game. Came out in 2007 and if you look it up on Youtube it has english subs.

• Upvote 3

Its a great series I cannot recommend enough. Its amazing a great story with an amazing amount of emotions. One moment youll be sad cause of a death and the next laughing at a hilariously over the top subquest. And angry at the villain its amazing how it can suck you in to the narrative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly thats your choice because its a very very condensed plot. While the actual game is more detailed answers more questions and fills in plot holes its a matter of preference really.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah movie is probably related to game just in basic terms and nothing more complicated for you to spoil the game experiance but I'm not sure 100% since I did not see it.

There are also Kurohyo: Ryu Ga Gotoku series. It's a series based on Yakuza from PSP with the same hero as in PSP games. Since I did not watch it either and it's full japanese I'm not sure on what is it about but probably it sheds more light on the side story from PSP seriers rather than the main seriers of the games. I think that it's pretty good to watch if you know Ching Chong Nip language.

• Like 2