NextGenRoms

Is there a way to set up the PS TV to boot from the internal memory?

Ravenstorm

Question

Is there a way to set up the PS TV to boot from the 1.5 GB internal memory? As soon as the memory card is removed, it won't load Vita Shell anymore. Is there a easy way to set it up to run straight from the internal memory? My PS TV already has Henkaku firmware 3.65.

I want to do this so I can only use a USB stick and eliminate the Sony Vita memory card from the equation. I know I can use usbmc to mount a USB only and run it as ux0:, but is it possible to mount the internal memory and then make the USB stick the second (so to speak, like a PC) "boot device" ?

For those who were talking to me yesterday and for more context, I am borrowing a friends Henkaku installed memory card (read: 32 GB Sony VITA memory card) and my PS TV is able to load that way. I'd like to be able to "rescue" my PS TV (because my old memory card died somehow, and now it's useless) by either forcing it to boot from the internal memory (if no memory card or USB stick is inserted) or somehow set it up (copy Henkaku files) on a spare 4 GB Sony Vita memory card that I had laying around.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I believe you could try using Storagemgr for setting mounting points for things (USB = ux0, Memory card = uma0, etc) but I don't think there's a way to boot specifically off internal memory card.

This is the hidden content, please

You could play with that, might have some luck there.

Let me know if you have questions!

• Upvote 1

I have used Storagemgr to get Henkaku onto my internal memory and then been able to boot from it.   It was inconvenient though because you can either actively use the internal memory or the Sony card but not both at once.   You can definitely use a Sony card and USB at the same time though; I've had an external HD set up with my PSTV.  I had to run the HD through a powered hub though, so if you're not getting success using USB on yr PSTV you might need to bring more power.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Peetmester said:

Thx but I'm using USB and not SD. I have a PS TV so it's a little different maybe?

8 hours ago, Djdragon44 said:

I believe you could try using Storagemgr for setting mounting points for things (USB = ux0, Memory card = uma0, etc) but I don't think there's a way to boot specifically off internal memory card.

You could play with that, might have some luck there.

Let me know if you have questions!

Well like I was saying I do have a 4 GB memory card that came with the Vita that I never used.

pa.206441.1.jpg.8b8cae9486039ef6e2975b56901d72bf.jpg

If I could somehow reinstall Vitashell on that blank memory card as an emergency boot option I'd be happy. Then I could just use the USB stick for everything else. It doesn't seem possible though, since putting a memory card prevents it from putting from the USB stick. -_-

Appreciate the responses!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peetmester said:

yes there is sd2vita and pstv usb install in menu 3

Thanks one more confirmation before I try though - so all I need to do is :

1. Insert blank Sony memory card + Insert bootable my USB stick

2. Run the app.

3. The inserted blank memory card will now have Vita shell installed.

• Like 1

Wow old topic forgot I made this. Thanks for the info though. I was never able to solve this problem and stuck with using the USB for booting and really don't use the PSTV anymore apart from streaming anime. Since the 3.68 firmware is out now, I started to just use my Vita for homebrew (was locked out before).

• Like 1