Luziano

mega Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection [NTSC-J]

For some reason I cannot get this rom to work.  I've tried converting it from .mdf to .iso using OPL Manager and it just comes back as invalid every time.  I've also done this with ISOBuster.

Hey, I love the song list in this game but how do you play it? I converted it to ISO with UltraISO but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm loading it through FreeMcBoot btw.

59 minutes ago, Donut.Plainz said:

Hey, I love the song list in this game but how do you play it? I converted it to ISO with UltraISO but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm loading it through FreeMcBoot btw.

It’s a CD PS2 game, if that helps any

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lewlew2003 said:

It’s a CD PS2 game, if that helps any

Ok thank you, I'm gonna try and put it in the CD folder and see what happens

UPDATE:

Ok, so I did the whole process seen in this video:

and it still isn't working. I tried putting the converted .iso in both the CD and DVD folders on my FreeMcBoot USB, and both times, it shows flashing colors while the game is loading, but just shows a black screen afterwards. Does anyone know what I can do?

Also, in FreeMcBoot you can check if a game is fragmented by turning on an option in the game loader thing. I tried turning it on both times, and both times it said the game was fragmented. Idk what that means because I'm kind of a dummy but that might be affecting something.

UPDATE 2:

It STILL isn't working. I followed a defragmenting tutorial from this link (Please login or register to see this link. ), and finally the game would start booting (If I put it in the CD folder). It would show the red loading circle at the bottom right corner, and then get stuck on a black screen.

I'm out of ideas at this point. How did ANY of you manage to get this working???

HOPEFULLY MY FINAL UPDATE:

I'm pissed. I just got PCSX2 to test out some of the roms, and a different copy of the game I made earlier today was working perfectly normal. I guess FreeMcBoot just isn't working? Should I just get some DVD-R's or something? Would I need to get a modchip for that?

Edited by Donut.Plainz

3 hours ago, Donut.Plainz said:

Ok thank you, I'm gonna try and put it in the CD folder and see what happens

UPDATE:

Ok, so I did the whole process seen in this video:

and it still isn't working. I tried putting the converted .iso in both the CD and DVD folders on my FreeMcBoot USB, and both times, it shows flashing colors while the game is loading, but just shows a black screen afterwards. Does anyone know what I can do?

Also, in FreeMcBoot you can check if a game is fragmented by turning on an option in the game loader thing. I tried turning it on both times, and both times it said the game was fragmented. Idk what that means because I'm kind of a dummy but that might be affecting something.

UPDATE 2:

It STILL isn't working. I followed a defragmenting tutorial from this link (Please login or register to see this link. ), and finally the game would start booting (If I put it in the CD folder). It would show the red loading circle at the bottom right corner, and then get stuck on a black screen.

I'm out of ideas at this point. How did ANY of you manage to get this working???

HOPEFULLY MY FINAL UPDATE:

I'm pissed. I just got PCSX2 to test out some of the roms, and a different copy of the game I made earlier today was working perfectly normal. I guess FreeMcBoot just isn't working? Should I just get some DVD-R's or something? Would I need to get a modchip for that?

Since it’s a CD PS2 game, I’d assume it would have to remain its original BIN/CUE format. Download a fresh copy of the game and put the .bin and .cue file into the CD folder on FreeMcBoot.

7 minutes ago, lewlew2003 said:

Since it’s a CD PS2 game, I’d assume it would have to remain its original BIN/CUE format. Download a fresh copy of the game and put the .bin and .cue file into the CD folder on FreeMcBoot.

I can't do that since the download only has a .mdf file, but I tried it with DDRMAX since that's bin/cue and it still didn't work.

36 minutes ago, Donut.Plainz said:

I can't do that since the download only has a .mdf file, but I tried it with DDRMAX since that's bin/cue and it still didn't work.

Check your inbox