NextGenRoms

Touhou Project Mega thread (Under maintenance, please hold, your call is important to us)

MobCat

Touhou Project Mega thread
j4ylx5d.jpg

This thread contains all the official/main touhou games as of august 2018 ish
And according to the official games list on the

This is the hidden content, please

All testing and game play screenshots where taken using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 installed in English

All screenshots where taken from a English patch version of the game where possible.
And wherever possible all version of touhou where tested running in windowed mode (960x720) except for the later
games that run native 1280x960 without stretching or the widescreen venture for the fighting games (1280x720)
The trainers game with the games when i downloaded them for the ones that worked i saw no real harm in leaving them
in this pack

[Touhou 01 - Highly Responsive to Prayers]

Spoiler

jeRcuqn.jpg

Screenshots:
6wkH1Mh.png
v9Ua2SR.png

You will need a PC-98 Emulator to run this, use anex86 linked below. I packed this emulator with the font file you will need to fixed the broken text

Download link:

(2.1 MB)

[Touhou 02 - The Story of Eastern Wonderland]

Spoiler

lcxaQfo.jpg

Screenshots:
xPym147.png
FwCJRJ5.png

You will need a PC-98 Emulator to run this, use anex86 linked below. I packed this emulator with the font file you will need to fixed the broken text

Download link:

(1.2 MB)

[Touhou 03 - Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream]

Spoiler

iIw9TGF.jpg

Screenshots:
WfSoZSG.png
xWPqhyY.png

Download Link:

(3.0 MB)

[Touhou 04 - Lotus Land Story]

Spoiler

yTFBpk0.jpg

Screenshots:
gDYrIAH.png
Vdkq2if.png

Download link:

(3.0 MB)

[Touhou 05 - Mystic Square]

Spoiler

RIgEyrN.jpg

Screenshots:
1aRTeDP.png
1WqgCGc.png

TH5 Mystic Square .hdi contains version 1.01 of the game

Download link:

(3.2 MB)

[anex86 PC-98 Emulator for touhou 01 - 05]

Spoiler

The NEC  PC-98 is a lineup of Japanese 16-bit and 32-bit personal computers manufactured by NEC from 1982 through 2000. The platform established NEC's dominance in the Japanese personal computer market, and by 1999, more than 18 million PC-98 units had been sold. So with this emulator you will be abale to play a bunch of early japanese pc game not just touhou but touhou is a good start.
You can read more abort the PC-98 hear

Anyway back to the topic at hand
Download link:

(324 KB)

it's quite a long guide so you will have to open or download the pic and zoom in

[Touhou 06 - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (Re texture and hitbox mod)]
Spoiler

lMQsPKU.jpg

th06e.exe is version 1.02 with English patch ver 0.8, Re-texture Patch Ver 0.3 and Hitbox patch ver 0.1
    eosd.exe is the original game with no patch but its broken on English windows can't find the files in
    the data in its data path as the exe is expecting kana in the file path and all English windows gives it
    is ASCII jargon

Screenshots:
roO9ZQQ.png
zWrp2B5.png
KcB80m2.png

Touhou06 barely runs on windows 7 you need to run it in full screen with compatibility mode.
    To do that delete th06e.cfg and “Œ•ûg–‚‹½.cfg if you have them then right click on th06e.exe and go to
    properties then the compatibility tab the check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: checkbox
    and then in the drop down menu select Windows 05 then in the settings check Run in 640x480 mode then in
    Privilege Level check Run this program as administrator
    if your still getting screen flicker for your taskbar come back hear and also check the setting Disable
    visual themes
You can follow this if you get lost :P

Spoiler

image.png.1105c6cf25656190c67152e705fe998c.png

Download link:

(310.6 MB)

[Touhou 06 - The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil]

Spoiler

YO0wj4y.jpg

th06e.exe is version 1.02 with English patch
    eosd.exe is the original game with no patch but its broken on English windows can't find the files in
    the data in its data path as the exe is expecting kana in the file path and all English windows gives it
    is ASCII jargon

Screenshots:
4iKwas1.png
yD4VoMd.png
0LxjTov.png

This is actually the same as above however it has none of the mods except for the English so the above
    introductions for getting the game to run in compatible mod will apply here as well

Download link:

(256.4 MB)

[Touhou 07 - Perfect Cherry Blossom]

Spoiler

Yx01JEa.jpg

Screenshots:
D6QvbWv.png
Rt1MxXF.png

th07.exe is the original 1.00b version of the game
    th07e.exe is the 1.0 English patch version of the 1.00b base game

Both versions work fine on English windows 7 with no extra faffing abort

Download link:

(443.2 MB)

[Touhou 07.5 - Immaterial and Missing Power]

Spoiler

ntlbmZx.jpg

Screenshots:
upUCEJf.png
W6cN8H1.png

th075.exe is the original 1.11 version of the game
    th075e.exe is the 1.1 English patch version of the 1.11 base game

Both versions work fine on English windows 7 with no extra faffing abort

Download link:

(551.7 MB)

[Touhou 08 - Imperishable Night]

Spoiler

lK0r7mM.jpg

Screenshots:
RE62AAK.png
SOnJf41.png

th08.exe is the 1.00d version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

Download link:

(443.5 MB)

[Touhou 09 - Phantasmagoria of Flower View]

Spoiler

Eo6RhXj.jpg

Screenshots:
heJ5WkY.png
EkTSTL3.png

th09.exe is the 1.50a version of the game
    th09e.exe is the 1.1 English patched version of the 1.50a base game

Both version work fine however when you try to quit the game with the in game menu or with windows the game
    crashes if you click on touhou when windows grays it out you should get a popup dialog just click Close this
    program and touhou will close and and open the next time you want fine

Download link:

(531.5 MB)

[Touhou 09.5 - Shoot the Bullet]

Spoiler

r79xkB4.jpg

Screenshots:
0NCuCNC.png

547nFYQ.png

th095j.exe is the 1.02a version of the base game
    th095.exe is the version 1.1 English patch of the 1.02a version of the base game

th095 works fine but th095j dose not it gives me データファイルが存在しません (Data file does not exist) error, so I think Touhou 06 is trying to find a file a Japanese file when
    there all English files may have to look into this further at some point but if you have a japanese copy of windows it should work fine...

Download link:

(430.7 MB)

[Touhou 10 - Mountain of Faith]

Spoiler

LOyISa8.jpg

Screenshots:
tNvUw5p.png
6tfgtTa.png

th10.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game
    th10e.exe is a unknown version of the English patch applied to the 1.00a version of the base game

Both work fine if you know how to find the version number or know the version number of this English patch let me know

Download link:

(417.3 MB)

[Touhou 10.5 - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody]

Spoiler

N3CEo5h.jpg

Screenshots:
Iw4JgDP.png
xQTqqNa.png

th105.exe is the 1.06 version of the base game
    th105e.exe is the version 1.1 English patch of the 1.06 version of the base game

Both versions work fine

Download link:

(269.8 MB)

[Touhou 11 - Subterranean Animism]

Spoiler

k02HQZE.jpg

Screenshots:
TI738rm.png
8bfMMsp.png

th11.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game
    th11e.exe is the version 1.0 English patch by gensokay.org of the 1.00a version of the base game

Both versions work fine

Download Link:

(379.9 MB)

[Touhou 12 - Undefined Fantastic Object]

Spoiler

SFzQQr1.jpg

Screenshots:
DtMnBTt.png
VNc44pc.png

th12.exe is the 1.00b version of the base game
    th12e.exe is the version 1.00 English patch by gensokay.org of the 1.00b version of the base game

Both versions work fine

Download link:

(427.1 MB)

[Touhou 12.3 - Hisoutensoku]

Spoiler

BUFnajY.jpg

Screenshots:
TLaK5OM.png
Nmj0hM0.png

th123.exe is the 1.10a version of the base game
    th123e.exe is the version 1.1a English patch of the 1.10a version of the base game
    Th123t.exe is a +1 infinite Lives in store mode trainer for the 1.1a English patched version for the game
              i am unsure if its working as the first stage character sucks to much to do any real damage but
               the trainer dident crash or anything where happened soo there that

Both versions of the game work fine

Download link:

(242.7 MB)

[Touhou 12.5 - Double Spoiler]

Spoiler

syIaWtj.jpg

Screenshots:
vEUoAwj.png
IExNLof.png

th125.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game
    th125e.exe is the version 1.01 English patch of the 1.00a version of the base game

th125e version works fine, th125 dose not it only shows a gray screen and then crashes

Download link:

(140.3 MB)

[Touhou 12.8 - Great Fairy Wars]

Spoiler

e0dGRdR.jpg

Screenshots:
Pri1km3.png
JZt03eI.png

th128.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game
    th128e.exe is the version 1.1 English patch by gensokay.org of the 1.00a version of the base game

Both versions of the game work fine

Download link:

(210.2 MB)

[Touhou 13 - Ten Desires]

Spoiler

rEZRpRX.jpg

Screenshots:
2mKJxfd.png
lwdestg.png

th13.exe is the 1.00c version of the base game
    th13e.exe is the version 1.00 English patch by gensokay.org of the 1.00c version of the base game
    Th13j.exe is a +5 trainer for the 1.00c version of the base game
    Th13t.exe is a +5 trainer for the 1.00 English patched version of the game

Both Game versions work fine

Both trainers work fine

Download link:

(509.2 MB)

[Touhou 13.5 - Hopeless Masquerade]

Spoiler

sEcJFH9.jpg

Screenshots:
l7UFyWY.jpg
yn6VhPf.jpg

th135.exe is the 1.21 version of the base game
    th125e.exe is eater the version 1.10b English patch of the 1.21 version of the base game or
               the 1.10b version of the base game with a unknown version of the English patch if
               someone could Clarice that be awesome

Both versions work fine however if your running a English install of windows run the 'Kana fix for th135e.bat'
    file to fix the missing/broken kana for the things that haven't been English patch
    alternatively you can run 'Kana fix for th135.bat' to play the Japanese unpatched version of the game and all
    the kana will render correctly on a English install of windows

I don't know if this is a bug or something to do with my doge computers and network but when in a Vs Network
    game the setup runs at normal speed but just after you get into picking a character and the fight it self runs
    at turbo speed and i have no idea why but TH10.5 Vs Network works fine

Added side note: for some reason my 'Kana fix for th135e.bat' patch doesn't run the game in full screen the
   game boots then immediately crashes i think this is because i don't have a full screen variable in my .bat script
    but out side of that I don't know or know how to fix it but dealing the system.dat file or booting the
    regular .exe up and changing the game back to window modded makes the game compatible with the kana patch ageing

Download link:

(297.3 MB)

[Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character]

Spoiler

5yPLHFv.jpg

Screenshots:
aFpLSay.jpg
Mtn4R0T.jpg

th14.exe is the 1.00b version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

Download link:

(434.5 MB)

[Touhou 14.3 - Inpossible Spell Card]

Spoiler

CXO63lG.jpg

Screenshots:
RnI4Rdf.jpg
qFoQraL.png

th14.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

Download Link:

(242.3 MB)

[Touhou 14.5 - Urban Legend in Limbo]

Spoiler

9ZoFA8b.jpg

Screenshots:
9Zq8WPR.png
92y5KwH.jpg

th145.exe is the 1.01 version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

So we have a 'missing kana' issue hear where the game is trying to render kana and a English install of windows
    cant find the kana its looking for so just renders random ASCII instead we where having the same issue with
    TH13.5 and i did manage to patch that however the same patch dosent boot TH14.5 for some reason i left the patch
    in anyway incase it work for you if you want to run the patch just run the 'Kana fix for th145.bat' file i also
    made a 'Kana fix for th145e.bat' if you manage to English patch the game your self i do have a English patch for
    this but touhou refuses to boot after you patch it anyway if the 'Kana fix for th145.bat' works for you or you
    manage to get it English patched please let me know But outside of that the game plays fine its just a pain to
    navigate

Download link:

(619.7 MB)

[Touhou 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom]

Spoiler

KV8ua90.jpg

Screenshots:
TtTcTeI.jpg
YvtE1Zs.jpg

th15.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

Game works fine

Download link:

(509 MB)

[Touhou 15.5 Antinomy of Common Flowers]

Spoiler

ODkcGC4.jpg

Screenshots:
yrvlj2o.jpg
ki3hkde.jpg

th155.exe is the 1.03 version of the base game no english patches or mods

Works fine, except for sometime it doesn't always boot first try for me but I think that's just down to my broken copy of windows 7 if your running windows 8.1 or higher you should have to trouble with this

Download link:

(1.05 GB)

[Touhou 16 - Hidden Star in Four Seasons]

Spoiler

YCQdPaX.jpg

Screenshots:
dfi4rAe.jpg
oEwQdD9.jpg

th16.exe is the 1.00a version of the base game no English patches or mods hear

Game works fine

Download link:

(411 MB)

[Touhou 16.5 - Violet Detector]

Spoiler

256px-Th165cover.jpg

Screenshots:
npiza00.jpg
io55mdx.jpg

th165.exe is the 1.00a vershion of the base game no english patches or mods hear

Download:

(231 MB)

[Touhou 17 - Wily Beast and Weakest Creature]

Spoiler

Th17Cover.png.5a6d8e91b2665d05fb88dabff38b5917.png

Tested and working: Windows 7 x64

Info:
The is the full verson of touhou 17 v1.00b
th17 (thpatch_en).exe Is the english auto patch, it boots some auto updater but once it has done its thing then the game will run.
th17.exe is the good old japanese exe

Download:
Format: 
Folder EXE (524 MB)

(477 MB)

Touhou 18 - Unconnected Marketeers

Spoiler

[cover]

Info:

Download:

(477 MB)

Edited by MobCat
Under maintenance
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 7

41 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

@MobCat

You can use this 

if a game needs a Japanese region setting. Saves you the time and hassle with switching it on Windows

sweet thanks ill have to check this out but yeah the thing i packed into the versions of touhou that needed it works kinda like a steam launcher would so if you run the bat file it would act just like you ran the exe but the japanese stuff gets patched in

August ish 2018 Update:
It probably shouldn't of taken me this long to get around to uploading this but it's done now:SugoiDesu:

• Fix minor formatting issues
  • Updated all google drive links to direct link insted of going to that stupid view file thingy
  • Check to make sure all links are still valid (as far as I can tell, please let me know if anything i not working as it should be)
  • Updated Touhou 15.5
  • Added Touhou 16.5
  • Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • MobCat pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • MobCat changed the title to Touhou Project Mega thread (Under maintenance, please hold, your call is important to use)
  • MobCat changed the title to Touhou Project Mega thread (Under maintenance, please hold, your call is important to us)
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...