NextGenRoms

Firefox Quantum/Browser Discussion

Djdragon44

Hey~!

Looks like FireFox Project Quantum has finally been released for the public release, and it's pretty awesome! (

This is the hidden content, please
)

So, what browsers do you guys use? Add-Ons, Extensions, Browsing Techniques or things you can share with the rest of the world?

What are your thoughts on Quantum and the direction FireFox is moving? Let me know!

• Upvote 2

Chrome. Switched to it back than when Firefox started to become shitty and slow (yeah that was a thing once) 

Since than i never switched of have gotten always more then enough ram to not deal with any of those problems that craptop users had :weeblul: 

My Add-Ons i can't live  with are uBlock Origin,Adblock Plus, RES(Reddit Enhancment Suite), FrankerFaceZ,Tampermonkey

EDIT:

Tried the new Firefox but it just won't connect to net it seems. Did a clean install no settings playing or so weird 

• 1 year later...

I'm using version now, but the newer ones are just AWFUL, they murdered all my plugins and extensions. I had to restore my entire PC to get it back because it literally forced me to update and refused to let me install an older version! Firefox no longer gives any control. The update nags are relentless and constantly monitoring, it's as bad as M$ updates.

Firefox is getting really crappy now, in my opinion. Brave Browser (made by the OG Firefox Dev!) is my new favorite choice. I only use Firefox when I need to use plugins that haven't been made for Chrome/Brave yet.

I use a mix of pale moon and chrome. swapped from firefox to pale moon after official firefox become poopie.
I only use chrome for google stuff like gdrive and youtube and there are crap on firefox / anything that's not chrome and i use pale moon for everything else.

Plugings
Pale moon 28.4.1 (64-bit) - Advanced Night Mode 1.0.9 and uBlock Origin 1.16.4.7
Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) but it just updated it self when I went to look at the ver 😢
- uBlock Origin 1.18.16, Tampermonkey 4.8 (only really use it for that one "dead" rom sight we all know abort 😉) and Base64 Encode and Decode 1.0.2.0 (for chickens uploads >__<')

Dont really know much abort Firefox Quantum, might of heard something abort them messing with ads in some way but yeah never really looked into it. for me it's a pain the the butt to swap a Web Browser so i just don't.

@Yukiko you use uBlock and ABP at the same time O.o?

@Yukiko lol I use the element picker to block things that don't get blocked and to remove some of those "turn of ad block bs" messages and for the rare sight where that doesn't work I'm like yeah nope ill just find this on another sight
ublock.jpg.e4a0af16f5f6533dc33c50f4b9687b81.jpg

Yea uBlock Origin is great, and combined with Brave it's the ultimate Ad Killer! I even block elements on NGR (that giant MEGA THREAD banner on the top).

After FirefoxQ 64+ you can see that Mozilla killed off features to make features, also killing extensions in the process. I freaked out when it auto updated and disabled 100% of my extensions. So glad I made a backup of my PC.

They use the excuse of "vulnerabilities" when they don't provide any actual cases. I used Firefox 39 for years and had no reason to update until HTML5 got to be too much for it to handle. I used Internet Explorer 11 until I updated to Windows10, never had a single issue lol. Insecurities my claw..

These days I'm forced to use double browsers though because MEGA hates FirefoxQ's memory management.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

...I even block elements on NGR (that giant MEGA THREAD banner on the top)....

I do exactly the same thing :aqualul: i wouldn't mind it so much if it was updated but yeah it's a huge waste for only 5 or so consoles...

14 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

They use the excuse of "vulnerabilities" when they don't provide any actual cases.

Lol don't even get me started on those kinda patch notes. One of my pet peeves is dev that push a update and all they mark in the patch notes is "stability improvements" like come on you overhauled like half of the kernel and patched like half a dozen exploits wouldn't you want to tell people that...

• Haha 1

It's funny because I was just talking about this addon crap, today a huge meltdown on Reddit about how Mozilla just randomly decided to disable everyone's addons all at once with no warning,  thanks to expired cert addon checker.

Firefox gonna lose a lot of fans today and I guarantee your average user is gonna freak out and not ever find out what happened.

• Like 1

Update:

Late on Friday May 3rd, we became aware of an issue with Firefox that prevented existing and new add-ons from running or being installed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to people who use Firefox.

Our team has identified and rolled-out a fix for all Firefox Desktop users on Release, Beta and Nightly. The fix will be automatically applied in the background within the next few hours.

In particular, please do not delete and/or re-install any add-ons as an attempt to fix the issue. Deleting an add-on removes any data associated with it, where disabling and re-enabling does not...

Update 2:

Some people are saying this works and that it's an official fix (though I see a lot of people worrying).

I tried it, and it worked perfectly.