NextGenRoms

Lets talk... Shiki [Spoilers Inside]

fixagel

shiki-megumi.jpg

Overall I enjoy the series, nobody was "good" just as Ryou put it (sort of) they are all (villagers & vamps) "cunts and bastards" but I did side to the villagers instead of the vamps.

The show was Average-Ok, too much stuff going on I got lost on all the relatives, and also found a several moments that make no sense, either the autor/director forgot their own rules or they give it a shit in order to delivery a scene.

Anyway I once was reading the wikia about Shiki and saw a lot of heat on the Megumi page, like she didnt deserve to die and she should have been able to grasp her dream and so on...

Personally I belive the bitch deserve that ending, it was actually one of the reasons I keep watching the series, expecting and waiting patientily for her punishment and boy she deserve it after all the things she do.

Sadly the one prick that got away was that damn hypocrite priest, lucky bastard, he's another one that deserve to stay dead.

So which side where you guys ? vamps/villagers or did you find boring the series ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Super X said:

I am with the Villagers, that girl killed a good number of people only to live (really 100 years would have been enough) *lame*

I was really sad when Tohru died :( 

I wanst really, what piss me off is that they didnt show any bite marks and die very quick.

Kind of sad his tale though, scared to die so is forced to live, I don't belive he got redemption in the end but at least had a "happy ending" and a not so gruesome death unlike the rest.

TBH I feel more for Ritsuko, she got balls to stand for what she belive, unlike Tohru.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but now I have finally finished the show. :D

Well every single thing I planned on saying has been covered by Fixy. Which I'm glad, since my opinions usually tend to differ from the "average" fan. Though I'd like to add is what I hated the most is how slow the show started. It felt like it was just a series of people dying and everyone is just like: Oh no! more dead people!

Also, about Megumi... Well let's just say I have a new affinity towards tractors. :Ohohoho:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RyouBakura said:

Have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but now I have finally finished the show. :D

Well every single thing I planned on saying has been covered by Fixy. Which I'm glad, since my opinions usually tend to differ from the "average" fan. Though I'd like to add is what I hated the most is how slow the show started. It felt like it was just a series of people dying and everyone is just like: Oh no! more dead people!

Also, about Megumi... Well let's just say I have a new affinity towards tractors. :Ohohoho:

You are correct for me the show start to get interesting until ch. 16-17 pretty much 2/3 of the show was slow, funny thing what keep me going was "when are they gona start acting?!", they took their sweet time, Il blame that stupid dr to some extend.

Also I do hope you have see the ovas, the first one is another -you deserve it- treatment. The second was meh.

• Like 2

Yeah, I watched those chronologically with the official show. First one was labelled episode 20.5, the other as 21.5. I'm really glad I watched the first one, because I was really curious about Nao, and was VERY satisfied with the outcome.

Second one... wasn't too bad. But I didn't like the stereotypical "evil mother in-law", or how fast the craziness sank in to the mother. Also, I didn't really get how the son died. He was "dying", but she kept hi away from the Shiki, so I don't know... Malnutrition?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, RyouBakura said:

Yeah, I watched those chronologically with the official show. First one was labelled episode 20.5, the other as 21.5. I'm really glad I watched the first one, because I was really curious about Nao, and was VERY satisfied with the outcome.

Second one... wasn't too bad. But I didn't like the stereotypical "evil mother in-law", or how fast the craziness sank in to the mother. Also, I didn't really get how the son died. He was "dying", but she kept hi away from the Shiki, so I don't know... Malnutrition?

Ah i've just realize that we have some kind of similar thoughts on the matter on 20.5

As for the mother, really was just weird the kid should have had hungry at some point to try to eat I would think. We dont know if he whistand the thirst or not since they didnt dig deeper on the matter, and well I still think 21.5 was meh. Good to know how it all started to end, but certainly could have been better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Ravenstorm, well I'd say it started getting tense around episode 10. I myself don't know why I kept my interest in the show. Maybe because I just wanted to see how the writer's gonna mend the situation after feeling like they're complicating it further and further? Also, I really liked the character art, and some (emphasis on some) of their personalities.

Overall, I DID like it. So if you're willing for an additional 10 episodes of just people dying, Tanaka kids panicking, old people gossiping, and that bloody monk who won't just rot, you might just be as satisfied as I was with the show's final episodes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyouBakura said:

@Ravenstorm, well I'd say it started getting tense around episode 10. I myself don't know why I kept my interest in the show. Maybe because I just wanted to see how the writer's gonna mend the situation after feeling like they're complicating it further and further? Also, I really liked the character art, and some (emphasis on some) of their personalities.

Overall, I DID like it. So if you're willing for an additional 10 episodes of just people dying, Tanaka kids panicking, old people gossiping, and that bloody monk who won't just rot, you might just be as satisfied as I was with the show's final episodes.

SPOILER:

Spoiler

This is the hidden content, please

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

When does it pick up? I honestly was falling asleep on first 3 eps. There was just so much talking and I didn't have a clue what was going on.  Just talk talk talk talk.

As Ryou say if you are willing to whistand it, it get kind of satisficing later on in my case was around episode 16 when "things start to happend".

10 hours ago, Super X said:

SPOILER:

Hide contents

Hidden Content
When toshio had to experiment with his own wife, it was really sad

Spoiler

He actually didnt care about her wife at all, its seem to me more like an arrange marriage, and as we see it progress he dont give a shit about anyone at all, except maybe the monk. xD 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2