NoNpDRM Plugin + Game Install Tutorial

NoNpDRM Information

What is NoNpDRM?In a nutshell, this plugin allows you to bypass DRM protection on any PS Vita content. (More Info found Please login or register to see this link. )

What's the advantage of NoNpDRM over MaiDump or Vitamin?: NoNpDRM is a application free, "Drag and Drop" type of tool. Meaning you simply drag files on to your Vita, refresh the live area, and then you can play right away!

Is it dangerous to go online/Possible to update NoNpDRM games?: Not at all! You can play online with people/parties with no worries. (No Ban Reports that have been backed with source. Only thing to really be concerned with is Trophy Hacks) Yes, you can update NoNpDRM games using the official update button on the Vita/Bubble.

Can I still mod/use the NSFW/Translation Mods that have been posted for MaiDump games?Yes! There's a different method, but yes you can. (Please login or register to see this link. )

Is Enso Required to run?: Although on the GitHub it does not say it's required, I would recommend using it to prevent issues, as some users have had issues with out it.

Now on to the good stuff!

NoNpDRM Plugin Installation

Step 1: Download NoNpDRM from here: Please login or register to see this link.  (The latest of this writing is 1.1)

***NOTE***: This step may be different for you, so read carefully. I personally used SD2Vita and have it mounted as ux0, and my "tai" folder is in ur0, check where yours is before just copying and pasting!

Step 2. Move the "nonpdrm.skprx" file downloaded above into your tai folder, again, mine is in ur0.

Step 3. Open your config.txt found in the tai folder, and add "ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx" under *KERNEL. Like so:

lm0RwVR.jpg

(*Note* My Config might be different than yours, only add the nonpdrm line for this tutorial, all the others are not a part of this tutorial)

Step 4. Reboot the Vita! You're done! That's all it takes to install the plugin.

(If your Vita gets stuck on the Molecule Logo (if you have Please login or register to see this link. installed), that means you've configured the config.txt incorrectly. Hold the Power button for 30 second, enter the safe menu, hold the L trigger when you hit Restart, and try again.)

As I said earlier, there is no app, or bubble that represents that it's been installed.

On to the next part, installing a game!

NoNpDRM Game Installation

For this example, we're going to use Limbo found Please login or register to see this link. . (Thanks @SaffronXL for the rip!)

Once that's downloaded, extract it using 7zip/WinRAR.

***If you see an empty folder, you have to disable "Hide Protected Operating System Files" in Folder Settings.***

we4vTxh.jpg

You should now see an "app" folder, followed by "PCSE00268" inside of the "app" folder.

Now, to install the game, simply drag the "PCSE00268" folder into the "app" folder on your Vita.

Please login or register to see this link.

Now, wait until that is done.

Once it's done transferring over, back all the way out in VitaShell (Minimum Version 1.70 of VitaShell REQUIRED) until you see all of the Partitions. (os0,pd0, etc., etc.,) Hit Triangle, then hit "Refresh livearea".

Let that complete, and it should say "Refreshed 1 Item(s)"

If you get a menu that says "Refreshed 0 Item(s)" - That means the NoNpDRM plugin isn't set up correctly. Go through the settings and config.txt to verify everything is correct.

And you're done! You can now leave VitaShell, and you'll see the game on the last page of the LiveArea!

That's the meat of it! A couple games are different with Patched and Content, but you just drag those into the content and patch folders, exactly like you did with app.

Misc Links

NoNpDRM Megathread: 

If you come across any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below, or shoot me a PM! I'll gladly help anyone having issues!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 12
  • Yukiko pinned this topic
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NoNpDRM Information What is NoNpDRM?: In a nutshell, this plugin allows you to bypass DRM protection on any PS Vita content. (More Info found Please login or register to see this link. ) What's the advantage of NoNpDRM over MaiDump or Vitamin?: NoNpDRM is a application free, "Drag and Drop" type of tool. Meaning you simply drag files on to your Vita, refresh the live area, and then you can play right away! Is it dangerous to go online/Possible to update NoNpDRM games?: Not at all! You can p

@leemufc Hey~! I also have my SD2Vita mounted on ux0. I have moved my "tai" folder to ur0: , and adjusted the paths as seen in the picture above (ignore the Adrenaline one). Reboot, and everything should work as long as you change the paths to ur0. Keep in mind, you have to move the tai folder from ux0, to ur0, as in you no longer have a tai folder in ux0.   Let me know if you need anything else~

@EVILGOKU Hey! You only need a single "tai" folder, either all of it on ux0, or in ur0, not both. Either way works. if you can, post your entire config.txt so I can take a look at it. Thanks!

Posted Images

@leemufc Hey~!

I also have my SD2Vita mounted on ux0. I have moved my "tai" folder to ur0: , and adjusted the paths as seen in the picture above (ignore the Adrenaline one). Reboot, and everything should work as long as you change the paths to ur0.

Keep in mind, you have to move the tai folder from ux0, to ur0, as in you no longer have a tai folder in ux0.

Let me know if you need anything else~

• Upvote 3
Please login or register to see this code.

and put nonpdrm into tai folder but not working i did HitTriangle, then hit Refresh livearea  item refresh

game folder D:\app\PCSE00283

nothing working my ux0:tai folder has no files

How to know nonpdrm is working?

can someone help thanks in advance

• Upvote 1

thanks for reply i separate files

*KERNEL
ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx

but nothing work

i try many difference ways and nothing work am confused many plug work But nonpdrm plugin is different thats i try 3 whole days but nothing happen

Edited by EVILGOKU
  • Upvote 2

@EVILGOKU Hey!

So here's an example of my exact config.txt. Keep in mind, I'm using SD2Vita, so my "tai" folder is on ur0, instead of the default ux0, so your exact lines may change depending on where your config.txt is. (Judging by your example, it's in ux0).

e8muAuk.jpg

Give it a look over, and see if you can find anything strange about your config, if not, let me know and we can look into a couple more things.

• Upvote 2

@EVILGOKU You need to make only one *KERNEL line, like so:

Please login or register to see this code.

and did you move all the files that were in "ur0:tai" to "ux0:tai"? or did you just delete it?

Also, you need to update and use Enso instead, found here: Please login or register to see this link.

• Upvote 2

i did nothing work still 0 item

and its  Please login or register to see this link. requirement for this plugin ?

i just delete confi.txt in ur0 and rename ur0 to ux0 in confi.txt & move all file ur0 to ux0

Edited by EVILGOKU
  • Upvote 1

i just download Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by EVILGOKU
link was wrong

@EVILGOKU I gotta say, you've got me stumped. I've helped several people set this up, and for the life of me I cannot find any reason why it's not working. I've looked at your files, config settings, everything like 5x over, and nothing looks wrong. My only guess, is to try with Enso, but It's not required as said so by TheFl0w. I cannot thing of anything else to try that could help with it.