【Magic Knight Rayearth】【UNDUB】【NTSC-US-TNW】

Magic Knight Rayearth

UNDUB

JQInuXp.jpg

Download: 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

INFO:

You need WinRAR 5.21 / 7-Zip 15.12 or newer to extract the archive.

Packaged as RAR5

Password: [email protected]

Size: 382 MB compressed

Format: bin, .cue

Tested on: NTSC-JP Sega Saturn Model 2 with Pseudo Saturn Kai

• Like 21
  • Upvote 9
  • 8 months later...

There was a ''final'' version of this undub from the original author who went by the name ''Rep_Plus_^-^'' long ago, but it's lost forever, because the links are down. It can't be found anywhere now.

It seems like that this one here isn't it. No offence, big thanks for the upload, but it's not the ''complete'' one.

I'm not sure if I can post links to other sites, but does someone by ''accident'' has the ''final'' version?

Edited by vergil2012
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, vergil2012 said:

There was a ''final'' version of this undub from the original author who went by the name ''Rep_Plus_^-^'' long ago, but it's lost forever, because the links are down. It can't be found anywhere now.

It seems like that this one here isn't it. No offence, big thanks for the upload, but it's not the ''complete'' one.

I'm not sure if I can post links to other sites, but does someone by ''accident'' has the ''final'' version?

Could you please explain the differences? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 6:05 PM, BigNose said:

Could you please explain the differences? Thanks

I'm not really sure, but I think that the previous version had some japanese parts left (map screen text) in it while the ''final'' version fixed that. I'm not sure if this is the only improvement, though.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, vergil2012 said:

I'm not really sure, but I think that the previous version had some japanese parts left (map screen text) in it while the ''final'' version fixed that. I'm not sure if this is the only improvement, though.

Thanks for your answer. I´ve been playing the game and I´ve seen that the whole "undub" idea is not very well implemented. Text and voice don´t match sometimes. You may find yourself waiting for the text to end while the voice is long over. Maybe the final version corrected this? Also, the translation is not quite faithful to the original voiceover. I love the translation itself but if you can understand a little japanese you might find some akward moments when they don´t match at all.

Anyway, as I said, thanks for your answer. ; )

4 hours ago, BigNose said:

Thanks for your answer. I´ve been playing the game and I´ve seen that the whole "undub" idea is not very well implemented. Text and voice don´t match sometimes. You may find yourself waiting for the text to end while the voice is long over. Maybe the final version corrected this? Also, the translation is not quite faithful to the original voiceover. I love the translation itself but if you can understand a little japanese you might find some akward moments when they don´t match at all.

Anyway, as I said, thanks for your answer. ; ) 

You're welcome, but it wasn't very informative. Sorry.

Please login or register to see this link.

The thread above was the first time I heard about the ''final'' version. I'm not even sure if the ''incomplete''/previous version has any flaws, didn't test it yet, but I hope that someone still preserved that ''final'' version.

Though I was reading that the original japanese version has much more voice acting which were cut in the american version for some reason.

About the translation part:

Undubbing does ''only'' restore the original language audio content of a game. That the translation will differ, that's normal. But it's not a problem for me, because I just want to play the game in the original language, that's ''all'' I want.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by vergil2012
  • Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Oh yay! I managed to finally find the Undub... and everything is fine. Hahaha had a bit of an issue with getting the password to work, I always forget about blank spaces. Thank you!

Edited by philoer
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/20/2018 at 5:54 PM, vergil2012 said:

You're welcome, but it wasn't very informative. Sorry.

Please login or register to see this link.

The thread above was the first time I heard about the ''final'' version. I'm not even sure if the ''incomplete''/previous version has any flaws, didn't test it yet, but I hope that someone still preserved that ''final'' version.

Though I was reading that the original japanese version has much more voice acting which were cut in the american version for some reason.

About the translation part:

Undubbing does ''only'' restore the original language audio content of a game. That the translation will differ, that's normal. But it's not a problem for me, because I just want to play the game in the original language, that's ''all'' I want.

Sorry for my english.

Hello, any news about a link to the final version of the undub?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 5:27 AM, vergil2012 said:

Unfortunately, no.

It always saddens me to hear something like that, being lost hopefully someone somewhere has it, it always creeps me out hearing things being lost due to time. At least it makes good for an urban legend though, the "final" version that is only of legends that no on has played dun dun dun!!!! And also thank-you for this gem!

Edit: Not sure if anyone else is having a problem with it, but I tried it on emulator (MEDNAFEN) and it is not working.

Edited by Lycan212
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Lycan212 said:

It always saddens me to hear something like that, being lost hopefully someone somewhere has it, it always creeps me out hearing things being lost due to time. At least it makes good for an urban legend though, the "final" version that is only of legends that no on has played dun dun dun!!!!

I agree with you. I mean I have never played ''that'' version, so I can't say much about it. But you are right, it feels like an urban legend, but we have some kind of proof (referring to the thread I posted earlier). I hope someone ''preserved'' that version and will hopefully emerge from the shadows one day, though I must admit that this is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by vergil2012
  • Like 1

I just want to say I just tried the same method as to what I posted on the Shining Force 3 English Patch thread, and it works just fine with MEDNAFEN, if anyone is having trouble with this on MEDNAFEN at least, try to match the .cue and .bin files as the same name, also do it it with notepad++ as well. And once again thanks for this Yukiko. Also thanks to the other member that notified me of this fix, thanks once again!

Edited by Lycan212
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...