NextGenRoms

DoDonPachi Taikenban (NTSC-J) [Demo]

• 8 months later...

Yay more bullet hell shooters ^__^ thanks for the upload
The not for resale on the cover is interesting whats with that? is it part of a collector's edition or something?
Sadly i'm almost out of cd's so I can't test it on a real PlayStation right now but im  going to look into seeing if my PlayStation reads CD-RWs

There is only one minor hick up, if your using the cue / bin format for dumping PS1 games you need to upload the cue file as well. The game will run in most emulators without it but you will have no CD audio and this game is suspiciously lacking music also without the cue file you can't burn the game to a CD and play it on a real PlayStation so if you could re-upload with the cue file that be awesome :D

• Upvote 2

@RyouBakura Sadly you can't just make a cue file out a bin file they need to be made at the same time when you ripp the CD.... I already tried that :P
I found another copy of this demo floating on the net. If you put this cue file (

This is the hidden content, please
) in the same folder as the bin file and with your emulator of choice open the cue file instead of the bin and the in-game CD music should work now. For reference it's meant to sound like this

Also for a demo this is pretty good. out side of the splash screens you probley would never know... well unless you can read Japanese well or you finish the demo :P

As a added long and pointless side note a cue file is a plan text file and can be opened with notepad it just keeps a record of the audio CD tracks and how long they are.
TRACK 01 is always the data for the game and TRACK 02 and so on is a audio CD.
So the console will load the game into ram from track 1 and then play the CD audio of the disk just like a normal audio CD. This is how most 90's video games got game music into there games and as a fun thing to do you can take a PS1 game or any other 90's CD game that has CD audio music and put the disk in a normal CD player like a car, skip track 1 and you can listen to the music from the game :D

Edited by MobCat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Huh, never knew that. I always thought there was no music because it was a demo (which doesn't make sense since the demo's size is bigger than the complete game). And I've always edited .cue files to match their .bin (switching mp3 to wav, etc), so it felt that the cue file could be made from the ground up through text. And this file gave me a tough time, since some files seemed encrypted after mounting them to a virtual drive.

Anyways, I'll add your cue file to my original post, if you don't mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah if it was a kiosk demo maybe or at least a toggle to turn it off maybe and there doesn't seam to be any music in the demo mode that loops when you lust leave the game and don't "insert a coin" but that may be down to the emulator I'm using I'll try it on a real ps1 at some point and check. Also in the options menu there is a music test option so that was the biggest give away that there is meant to be music.

The only time I have to edit cue files is when i rename the bin and cue and i need to rename it in the cue file aswell :P I have never tried to do a mp3 or wave swap but its not a bad idea but i would do a wave or if the emulator could handler it a flac swap...
Also never tried to build it from the ground up as when i ripp PS1 games I ripp do it on the ps3 so I get a iso file or if that gives music issues like this then i ripp it on the PC and it always gives me a working cue file... But I guess if you just had the bin file you could just mount that with your iso mounting software of choice and then play the disk with something like WMP or iTunes and get the track data that way and wright it down but idk if that would work without the cue file in the first place, may have to check this at some point just for lulz :P

Yeah I have been trying to read up on the levels of copy protection that ps1 games have, apparently games like MediEvil II (E) almost never work on a real PS1 with out a stealth mod chip or a patched copy of the game (I was thinking abort uploading my patched copy hear but idk yet) but the hole copy protection on the PS1 hit or miss and mostly miss it was only a problem with a hand full of games and more towards the end of the consoles live cycle when pretty much everyone had a chipped console oh the 90' >__< but yeah idk if this game has any copy protection but the encrypted file issue may be that but idk how to check or confirm that i don't mess with encrypted stuff to often. Also in regards to mounting the cue / bin to a virtual drive I have never really tried as all the emulators I know of (except for bleem) can just read the cue file so there is no need to mount it as a disk first.

That cool I give you permission to use my links and I will keep them up for you :D
Hear is a mirror of the bin file and the scans your wear missing but cez and kortex from assembler games deserve the credit as that's wear I got the files from.

I also do feel a little bad for kinda hijacking your thread sorry abort that...
Also let me know if that direct google link for the bin doesn't work and I'll post the normal google link instead.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2