news Nintendo Switch is Still Outselling the XB1, PS4

Ravenstorm

Console Wars

Looks like Nintendo dominated the sales charts in March 2017 and outsold the PS4 (800K) and XB1 (500K), with the Switch selling over 906,000 units.  This subject seems to be dominating the video game news across the entire web. It was said to be the "fastest-selling video game system in Nintendo history".  All for Zelda, Breath of the Wild, it seems, since they sold over 925,000 copies of the new popular Zelda game, while only 460,000 Wii U copies were sold.  $83,100,000 alone for one game + the $271,800,000 made from the console?  Let's not forget the long line of people waiting to buy one still.  That's insane.  $354,900,000 made in March alone.  Bravo, Nintendo, bravo. O_O

I'm surprised, really, I thought the Wii U, would of played more into those stats, but I was dead wrong.  Leave it to Nintendo, the master of hype, to sell a console with (basically) only one exclusive game at launch!  Imagine if they released Pokémon Switch or something..there might even be riots for people want to buy a Switch at the early mornings!

I can see the Switch sales dying down till the holidays though, but they surely will need a stronger line up with they want to keep that lead.  So far the Switch hasn't impressed me with it's weak mostly-ports lineup.  I mean, what the heck is Disgaea 5 "+ Expansion Pack" doing there?  I feel kind of cheated, since I'm a big Disgaea fan and I see what basically is an expansion of Disgaea on there. :( Hopefully that will be on PS4 as well.  Well, the Nintendo will get my business if they decided to bring the New Shin Megami Tensei overseas! 

I still fear a weakening 3DS library may be coming as well, since the Switch is already being marketed as being somewhat "mobile".  I can see may accessories and console remakes in the future, knowing Nintendo.  >_<

(Oops, I noticed a related topic already made about this over month a ago.  Feel free to delete this.  I just woke up and didn't notice @[email protected])

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 10 months later...