NextGenRoms

Best of the Best Sega CD Set (21 Games incl. Hacks! All CHD!)

JAMR

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, JAMR said:

This is a rompack of (IMO) the Best of the Best for the Sega CD! This list includes 18 games including hacks! All games have been converted to CHD and all filenames have been optimized for Daijisho scraping 😃

Game list (click heart to reveal):

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Download link (please use Firefox + ublock Origin extension):

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Happy gaming everyone! 🔥

Nice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, duwen said:

Pretty good selection. Personally I'd add the enhanced hack of Road Rash, Robo Aleste, Lords of Thunder, Ground Zero Texas, Road Avenger, both Lunar games, and probably Night Trap.

Road Rash was not best on the CD and neither was Lords of Thunder nor Lunar. I’m down to add Road Avenger to this pack and Robo Aleste tho so I will check those out. 

as for the other fmv games lol I’ve got at best maybe 1 or 2 that I’ve missed that I think might be OK/good enough to add here but probably not lmao. 

On 12/29/2023 at 10:52 PM, JAMR said:

Road Rash was not best on the CD and neither was Lords of Thunder nor Lunar. I’m down to add Road Avenger to this pack and Robo Aleste tho so I will check those out. 

as for the other fmv games lol I’ve got at best maybe 1 or 2 that I’ve missed that I think might be OK/good enough to add here but probably not lmao. 

I respectfully disagree. The enhanced hack of Sega cd Road Rash is the best 16bit version of the game. Lords of Thunder, while not quite as good as the PC-E/TG16 version, is arguably a better shmup than either Keio or Aleste. And the Lunar games are the best RPG's on the system - admittedly the 32bit remakes are probably the preferred way to play them now though.
As for the FMV stuff... that's what the system's synonomous with, and it wasn't all terrible. 😉

Edited by duwen

On 12/30/2023 at 4:24 AM, duwen said:

I respectfully disagree. The enhanced hack of Sega cd Road Rash is the best 16bit version of the game. Lords of Thunder, while not quite as good as the PC-E/TG16 version, is arguably a better shmup than either Keio or Aleste. And the Lunar games are the best RPG's on the system - admittedly the 32bit remakes are probably the preferred way to play them now though.
As for the FMV stuff... that's what the system's synomonous with, and it wasn't all terrible. 😉

I like interesting ports don’t get me wrong but if they aren’t the best versions of the game on consoles easily emulated  they better be really damn interesting for me to include them as evidenced by my 2600 pack and Game Boy pack.  

The Sega Saturn pack alone got me to erase 5 games off of Dreamcast and PSX because of port comparisons etc. It’s going to get really interesting when the sub $200 emulation devices can emulate Switch easily considering a lot of definitive ports of old games wound up on there.  

on the note of FMV games, my father had a Sega Genesis with 32x and CD addon and hated the FMV games of the time. I didn’t like em either but I gave a few a try in the modern day and there’s some that are OK but I wouldn’t call them ‘Good’ games. I do think I missed about 2-3 that might actually be worth a play today. Will probably update the pack next weekend.

cheers to the new year!

• Upvote 1

• JAMR changed the title to Best of the Best Sega CD Set (21 Games incl. Hacks! All CHD!)