NextGenRoms

Fair Warning - A lot of you are breaking a rule here.

I personally will not start enforcing something I never enforced before without warning the specific user, but, that doesn't mean someone else won't. At any point any mod or admin can start enforcing the "no thanks post" rule and a lot of youse can be restricted with basically nothing I can do for you. 

Let me show you what I mean:

§1.3 No "Thanks" posts in the game post
If you like the upload from someone and want to give them your thanks use the either the + or - reputation buttons in the lower right of every post.
They look like this 

This is the hidden content, please

If the post has links hidden behind the hide tag: [hide.][/hide], upvoting the post will also reveal the links.

---

That covered, I really doubt the actual thanks posts will ever get any backlash, but, the not even a thanks posts might.

Again, let me show you what I mean:

These are legitimate "thanks" posts:

On 2/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, MSPENCER104 said:

thanks dude

On 10/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, Wilson89 said:

Thanks

On 10/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, guicho said:

THanks

While technically against the rules I don't think these bother anyone and so probably won't get anyone any sort of restriction.

These though, they're really taking the piss:

On 1/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, romappreciater said:

replied

On 1/22/2023 at 5:25 PM, Rom1 said:

Original game

20 minutes ago, darrian00 said:

replied

I would not be shocked if that sort of posting got users restricted if not banned.

But that's not even the worst yet. The worst thing you can do is quote the uploader, delete the uploader's words and replace them. When quoted back they come up blank like this:

On 3/11/2023 at 10:17 PM, Tommy03 said:

As far as I know, none of the staff appreciate that sort of user. I absolutely do know a few users have been restricted from being able to post at all or banned for doing this.

Let me explain why it's so bad to quote the uploader and delete what they wrote just to "thanks" post them.

You guys all know I have hundreds, nearing 1k, uploads. The vast majority of my uploads are things I've made. You also know my prolific uploading has me as the top uploader for the website. On slow days I log into a mere 20 or so notifications and on hot days I can log in to see over a hundred.

I scan through those to looking for quotes and mentions because if something I have made isn't working properly, or, you just want to chat about it, I will talk to you. When it's a "thanks" post inside a quote from me you have done nothing but waste my time and made it more difficult for me to find the people who actually need help.

This sort of post is against the rules and I am well within my authority to restrict your ability to post anything for doing it. I probably won't, but I can, and it does annoy me so if too many people do it that probably won't will become a definitely will. Also, just because I lean toward letting stuff fly doesn't mean all staff will. We might bring in a new mod who hates it. Once of the current staff might have enough of it one day. Either way, it's thin ice and where I might try to argue in favor of a simple "thanks" poster I am telling you I will do nothing for you if you are a "thanks" quoter.

So, now you've been warned. If you want access to a link hit the like, dislike, or love icons and move on.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Okay, I am annoyed.

Let me reword this.

If you respond to one of my threads with a thanks, I appreciate it but you are breaking a rule so should probably just give me a like. I won't restrict you but some other staff might.

If you respond with comment that's not even engaging the thread, like an ellipsis or just "replied" or some such; I don't much care for you but it's not a transgression big enough for me to act on either. I put work into these uploads and just posting "..." is disrespectful, you dick.

Quote me with nothing to say to me because you want access to the content and are too lazy to read and understand why you're pissing me off. I give no fucks, I am restricting you. No warning, no talking about it. This thread was your warning. 

The first instance is meaning well but being too lazy to read and follow rules, or this warning.

The second is annoying, lazy, and pretty stupid, but I'm a nice guy, mostly, so I don't really care. I think it reflects on you more than me ... prick. Still you're a DC fan so I'll let it slide ... but you are a prick though.

The third fucks with my ability to help people here and I'm not having it. The staff made me a mod specifically to handle my own threads, and, that's exactly what I'm going to do.  This is the final warning. Any quotes that are not actually trying to talk to me about something is going to lead to me taking away your ability to post anything. Your ass will click the like/dislike/heart or fuck off entirely.

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 6:34 PM, GatorCountry said:

I personally will not start enforcing something I never enforced before without warning the specific user, but, that doesn't mean someone else won't. At any point any mod or admin can start enforcing the "no thanks post" rule and a lot of youse can be restricted with basically nothing I can do for you. 

Let me show you what I mean:

§1.3 No "Thanks" posts in the game post
If you like the upload from someone and want to give them your thanks use the either the + or - reputation buttons in the lower right of every post.
They look like this 

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

If the post has links hidden behind the hide tag: [hide.][/hide], upvoting the post will also reveal the links.

---

That covered, I really doubt the actual thanks posts will ever get any backlash, but, the not even a thanks posts might.

Again, let me show you what I mean:

These are legitimate "thanks" posts:

While technically against the rules I don't think these bother anyone and so probably won't get anyone any sort of restriction.

These though, they're really taking the piss:

I would not be shocked if that sort of posting got users restricted if not banned.

But that's not even the worst yet. The worst thing you can do is quote the uploader, delete the uploader's words and replace them. When quoted back they come up blank like this:

As far as I know, none of the staff appreciate that sort of user. I absolutely do know a few users have been restricted from being able to post at all or banned for doing this.

Let me explain why it's so bad to quote the uploader and delete what they wrote just to "thanks" post them.

You guys all know I have hundreds, nearing 1k, uploads. The vast majority of my uploads are things I've made. You also know my prolific uploading has me as the top uploader for the website. On slow days I log into a mere 20 or so notifications and on hot days I can log in to see over a hundred.

I scan through those to looking for quotes and mentions because if something I have made isn't working properly, or, you just want to chat about it, I will talk to you. When it's a "thanks" post inside a quote from me you have done nothing but waste my time and made it more difficult for me to find the people who actually need help.

This sort of post is against the rules and I am well within my authority to restrict your ability to post anything for doing it. I probably won't, but I can, and it does annoy me so if too many people do it that probably won't will become a definitely will. Also, just because I lean toward letting stuff fly doesn't mean all staff will. We might bring in a new mod who hates it. Once of the current staff might have enough of it one day. Either way, it's thin ice and where I might try to argue in favor of a simple "thanks" poster I am telling you I will do nothing for you if you are a "thanks" quoter.

So, now you've been warned. If you want access to a link hit the like, dislike, or love icons and move on.

undertood and cool :)