NextGenRoms

Sega Genesis Mini 2/Mega Drive Mini 2 Exclusive Roms

MikeArcade

I figured it was time to make this post in case someone hasn't done so already. Does anyone know if all the exclusive roms have been dumped from both the US and Japan versions of these Mini Consoles? I do legit have the US version personally, but am no hacker myself.

I understand if say the Space Harrier games won't work on emulators currently, but that doesn't matter to me. I just like to keep the roms for archive purposes due to my passion for retro games. In any case, if anyone has info on if this has been done or will be done in the near future, just let us all know here.

Thank you. :)

• Like 3

Well heck, thank you dude! Although I do have to ask, are there any changes with the Sega-CD games that are noteworthy of being dumped, and are there any hidden games that didn't end up on the main game roster like the original?

Update: Again, thank you for the rom dump, although much like GG Aleste 3 I can confirm that the Unreleased and New Titles cannot currently be ran with a traditional emulator. :/

It's to be expected I suppose, although the fact we still have them now out in the open is a very fortunate treat.

I CAN say however that the new version of Tatsujin with the correct pitched music works just fine, so there's that. :)

If you or anyone else has a dump of the Japanese version just let me know, as I'd love to get that high speed version of Star Cruiser and the other exclusives from Japan Only (even if I can't read any Japanese), it's a matter of archiving the games for me.

Edited by MikeArcade
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 4:05 AM, MikeArcade said:

Update: Again, thank you for the rom dump, although much like GG Aleste 3 I can confirm that the Unreleased and New Titles cannot currently be ran with a traditional emulator. :/

They have some lame DRM, according to a emulator author:

"m2engage (M2's emulator) has this feature for a game to have "accelerators" that override the CPU emulation at a certain address
The main purpose of that seems to be for performance hacks. So to get them to run on hardware or a normal emulator you have to reverse engineer each accelerator and figure out what the original instruction sequence was."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, deadlegion said:

Spatter y Super Locomotive parcheados para ejecutarse en emuladores:

contenido oculto

Ocultar contenido
This is the hidden content, please

Los volcados se obtuvieron de la parte de eye2eye (gracias), parcheados por otra persona (no yo) y no he probado los juegos parcheados.

Thanks, I tried them on an emulator on Android and they worked without problems in what little I played.

Sorry if my English is bad, I don't speak the language yet

Screenshot_20230614-202009-603.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Niknice said:

Great news!!! If these two have been patched, will the other three, Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier 1&2 be possible as well?

I have no idea. someone contacted me on another site asking if I knew where to find the dumps of the 2 mini games because they found patches for them.

I provided the games and asked if they could share the patched games. That's all I know, not sure where the patches came from.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ZxRO said:

@deadlegion Is there any difference between Spatter and Super Locomotive patched from the first time you shared these games? Thanks

They're the same roms, I just bundled them together with the 3rd newly patched one (Star Mobile). Saves having to check if 2 separate links are still working.

I won't reup the original 2 game share link if it dies.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, deadlegion said:

Spatter, Star Mobile and Super Locomotive patched roms:

Hidden Content

Hide contents
This is the hidden content, please

Good to see Star Mobile also patched. Let's hope we'll see the rest of the exclusive games playable soon.

Edited by mezzcher
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:25 AM, deadlegion said:

I have no idea. someone contacted me on another site asking if I knew where to find the dumps of the 2 mini games because they found patches for them.

I provided the games and asked if they could share the patched games. That's all I know, not sure where the patches came from.

Can you ask them if they have patches for the other games and if they could patch those as well?

On 6/28/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bubbabyte said:

Can you ask them if they have patches for the other games and if they could patch those as well?

No point imo. The same person provided the third patch without me asking for it. If there are more then I'm sure they will appear.

I don't hassle people unnecessarily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1