NextGenRoms

R-Type Collection

GatorCountry

2 hours ago, pspjoe said:

Though I cant play DC. But this is a great compilation of R-Type. An NGR exclusive.
Well tbh, what Gator post is not NGR exclusive!!!

Nope, ShindouGO is a pretty well known member of the dreamcast community. I think his main forum is darius-saturn. That's where I get Shin downloads, but pretty much anything made by Shindou is going to get a mirror on dreamcast sites and sections. He's very clever and talented. I have a lot of respect for him and the community he's apart of.

darius-saturn is French so I try not to talk too much there as I only speak English and a small bit of Spanish, but they're nice folks. 

He's a member here too and sometimes I get the honor of seeing my work mirrored in his community. He would probably make threads to feature his work here too if I didn't beat him to it. It's about the biggest respect we can give to one another. 

thank you for all these compliments GatorCountry ;)
I also appreciate what you can offer :)
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this compilation :)
There are still things to improve like the return to the main menu which for now works on NES (A+B+X+Y+Start), SNES (A+B+X+Y+Start) and GameBoy games (right trigger + B). (Genesis and NeoGeo Pocket games too but not offered in this compilation)
I hope to have the return to the main menu soon for SMS and GameGear games, Ian Micheal is working on it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pspjoe said:

OK. For DC, you still the No. 1 here. Right?

We all have our strengths, weaknesses, and personalities bud. I do have the highest output and biggest variety but take VectorSona for example, Vector is a fantastic artist and a very clever technician. My NES ports are more automatic but Vector's are very pretty. I do plenty of rom hacking myself and Vector seems to prefer the original rom untouched. I don't think one is better than the other so much reflect our interests. I'm quite sure if Vector wanted to make NES ports that jump straight into the game and have that game be modified to their liking Vecs would have it sorted. We just do different stuff. 

That said, yeah, in terms of what all I do no one else does as much as me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShindouGo said:

thank you for all these compliments GatorCountry ;)
I also appreciate what you can offer :)
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this compilation :)
There are still things to improve like the return to the main menu which for now works on NES (A+B+X+Y+Start), SNES (A+B+X+Y+Start) and GameBoy games (right trigger + B). (Genesis and NeoGeo Pocket games too but not offered in this compilation)
I hope to have the return to the main menu soon for SMS and GameGear games, Ian Micheal is working on it.

You're a top-notch guy, keep up the great work.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...