NextGenRoms

Download Ettiquete

pspjoe

17 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

What do you mean by downloading, like people not sharing their links elsewhere?

I don't think that's an issue.

Link stealing is an issue though, people shouldn't do that unless the original uploader is totally ok with it. A lot of uploaders don't want their links taken from somewhere and reposted elsewhere without their knowledge.

Simply speaking; Get something from somewhere and upload to your host of choice, then share your own link here.

• Like 2

No, No your right.
I need to make some posts for both uploading and downloading.
Like style guides people can copy and edit and the minimum amount of info that needs to be in your upload and why.
But also for downloading I think the big thing is just the "hay just like the post to unhide the link"
Also link stealing is against the rules.
It's more if you steal the link and upload it, and it gets popular and taken down. You have no control over any of that. You just screw over your self and the og uploader.
All my files are passworded, so if someone steals the link, they have to steal the password, hopefully linking them back here.
Otherwise they would have to download the file, unpack it, repack it and reupload it. And at that point it's pretty much your file anyways...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

tbh Initially I get offended when I got downvoted. I tot after posting for so long I am doing ok then someone comes along and gave me a string of downvote. Any uploaders have such issues?

I dont mind the downvote but I need to understand why they dont like the post. Is it the download link is not working, the game is not working for them, I need the feedback. I request the reason for downvote, he didnot give a reason.  So I think who ever downvote must provide the reason why he doesnot like the post.

Anyways, I come to the point of not taking this uploading too seriously. Thats all.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ZxRO said:

@pspjoe Is the person who downvoted you a Troll? I give you alot of props for the work you have done for NGR Community. 

Thanks ZXRO for all the support. I guess I am or I try to be a perfectionist when doing things. You got to do things right within your capability to get the respect. For me, the reaction to the post is important to protect the links. Many downloaders may think we are wasting their time to download. It only takes them less than 1 min to download but for us It can even take hours to prepare for an upload. So I strongly believe, downloaders need to understand this. Main point, is if the game doesnot work, we also need to know the reason why, so we can get a newer version. Thats why feedback is important here.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, pspjoe said:

Thanks ZXRO for all the support. I guess I am or I try to be a perfectionist when doing things. You got to do things right within your capability to get the respect. For me, the reaction to the post is important to protect the links. Many downloaders may think we are wasting their time to download. It only takes them less than 1 min to download but for us It can even take hours to prepare for an upload. So I strongly believe, downloaders need to understand this. Main point, is if the game does not work, we also need to know the reason why, so we can get a newer version. Thats why feedback is important here.

This, basically all of this.
:<3:

Downloaders will never know or care how much time, money and effort goes into making all this stuff available for free for anyone. More so as we don't run ads and use real hosting companies that don't have those bs wait timers. All the time Acquiring, testing, packing, uploading if you have shit internet like me... lots of work...
Had this issue with xbox a few times where the game would work fine for me and on a few xboxs, but then would die on another xbox for almost no reason. Sometimes it's a PEBKAC issue. Others it was the game its self and the xbox its being ran on. And people only ever comment or tell you things if it's like hella bad or there super mad. So getting feedback sometimes is hard.
I like the idea of making people leave reasons for downvotes but I can see that it will also get abused like the one word thanks comments, people are just gonna leave insults in it and not actual feedback.

If you DM me the posts I can look into it, at least give you and idea of if the person is a troll or has an actual beef but may not be able to give you more feedback then that. But yeah I know feedback sucks, trying to help anyway I can.

• Like 3

@pspjoe I personally appreciate what all the uploaders do for the NGR Community. If it wasn't for you and all the other uploaders, we wouldn't have this great Community of people helping out each other in finding new and old Roms. Unfortunately some people just want Roms and don't really care about the work that is put in. They should take the time and write a comment to let you know if theres an issue with a Rom, instead of downvoting. Joe you can't please everyone, so don't take it so hard bud.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pspjoe said:

@MobCat Thanks. Its okay, I believe that issue had close to an end and I didnot wish to pursue it. This have passed and its over so I am perfectly fine. This downvote doesnot bother me anymore, i should say I am now resistant to such reactions.  

I would have to look for the post to know which one it happened in, but, beast420 is a friend of mine. He's the reason I am here, he asked me to sign up at NGR and post some of the roms I had dumped and was sharing on a boxing forum. He downvoted me once. I just assumed he made a mistake and never thought much of it. I myself have accidentally downvoted, caught it, and fixed it to a heart. Unless someone's complaining I just treat them as mistakes they did not notice.

My advice is to not care. It's either a mistake or they're a shithouse. Either way it's their problem. I respect you, the members who matter respect you, and you're making a lot of people very happy. So the few who don't take the time to make sure they've given positive feedback, fuck them.

I had a run of complaints about speed on a few of my ports. I asked for more info to help me make the ports better and got back silence. Damn sure way for me to not give half a damn about their speeds. Everything I make that I put a seal on works damn good on my Dreamcast. That's why it gets the seal. It's not often but sometimes I produce bit crap and release it knowing it's bit crap but it was either requested or I put a lot of work into so I released it. Those do not get the seal and do not get links in my megathread. Point is, if I put my seal on it, it is good to go and if a user has an issue it's to do with the difference in their setup compared to my own. I need their feedback to help them and if they're too lazy to give me that like fuck will I even make an attempt to help them.

I'll leave you with this: For the past year or so I hardly went 24 hours not being the top uploader. I am the all time great here at the moment but since you've started uploading you have kicked my ass damn near every day and I absolutely love and respect you for it. There's load of people who don't know how to handle patching, your artwork is always nice, and your threads look great. I think that's why you are always on top of the dailies. You are appreciated here and should never let a downvote make you feel otherwise. 

@MobCat Currently waiting on things to upload. :lol:  200ish kbs. A fool can't even get a meg. IMO it's the biggest pain in the butt because I'm at least doing something when I'm packaging or taking screenshots or whatever. Waiting to upload is the worst because you can't do anything else ... it'll make the upload speed even slower. So I ramble and babble here :lol:

• Like 4

On 2/8/2023 at 12:51 AM, pspjoe said:

@GatorCountryThanks for your kind comments. Dont worry, You are always still my no 1 uploader here in NGR. the Great Grandmaster Uploader. As for graphics, there is much room for improvement cos I m still using Paintbrush on my pc. Need to get Photoshop installed but I am afraid my pc will not like it.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:04 AM, ZxRO said:

@GatorCountry Well said, thats why you are a Legend in NGR.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm really late here and i'm sorry if this are stupid questions.

Why there's a downvote option?
If there's something wrong in the post, there's the report for it. Or i'm missing something?

Does the downvote option unhide links? If yes, it shouldn't in my opinion.
And i also think that once you put a like to unhide the link, you shouldn't be able to remove it or change it.

• Like 1