NextGenRoms

Hello

I'm new here

Interested in retrograming and especially these latest years in Homebrews and Pico-8

I'm also a dev of two projects around emulation, BestArcade and ExoDosConverter

and lately I've tryig to restrain myself from buying an Evercade VS (with great success for now!)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Voljega said:

I'm new here

Interested in retrograming and especially these latest years in Homebrews and Pico-8

I'm also a dev of two projects around emulation, BestArcade and ExoDosConverter

and lately I've tryig to restrain myself from buying an Evercade VS (with great success for now!)

EVS does look cool, but the bragging about power on a 1.5ghz cpu made me chuckle. I'm in the middle of building an emu box for my brother on a 3.5ghz processor and 2gb gpu. Was trying to get xemu in an emulation station build. It does okay but I think a proper PC probably does better.

Your projects are interesting. You should drop a link to your git.

Yeah I haven't jumped to buying one yet because some of the things are clunky.
For instance their cartridges are a glorified sd card and thus the contents can break or be updated...

Which doesn't make much sense for a rom...

The power thing is also difficult to justify compared to what you can get

But I like the idea of beeing able to buy legally and physically some retro games on a dedicated platform

My two projects:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Another pet project is a curated Pico-8 set I try to maintain once or twice a year:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hello and welcome to NGR :hi:
I don't believe we have a Pico-8 section, But if we where, then I should have to look into things like the playdate aswell 🤔
Anyways I don't really like to encourage posting of peoples homebrew, unless it's something that needs compiling and building like fan translations.
We had a little thing where people would come on here asking for fan made NES games either on the day or before they even come out. I'm like its $5 or whatever just go buy the fan game from the dev, support the devs. Anywho posting about up coming games or projects your working on or links to github projects are cool to be posted in the general discussion page.
But yeah if you need any help with anything or are looking for something then just ask ❤️ 
(A reminder you can unhide a link in a post by just liking the post and sometimes refreshing the page, and some pages are hidden from new users. So just hang around and talk with people and it should unhide its self soon)

On 7/6/2022 at 6:24 PM, MobCat said:

Anyways I don't really like to encourage posting of peoples homebrew, unless it's something that needs compiling and building like fan translations.

My set only contains the free pico8 games from the very public BBS, none of the paying games on itch.io.

And I always start by posting it on the official pico8 subreddit and this is well received by the community and the devs