Sega Swirl
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog
Streets of Rage 2
Vectorman
Virtua Cop 2
Wrestle War

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

WedgeStudios

image.png.eb4e51ff7ef0a8a8ff6202aaa2f73f53.png

DEmul only

Games Included:

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Beast, from PC Pack 1, DC
Body Count, stand-in for Virtua Cop 2, from DC
Columns, from PC Pack 1, DC
Columns III, from PC Pack 2
Comix Zone, from PC Pack 3
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, from PC Pack 2
ECCO The Dolphin, from GBA
Flicky, from PC Pack 3
Golden Axe, from PC Pack 1, DC, GBA
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge, stand-in for Super Hang-On from PC Pack 3
Kid Chameleon, from PC Pack 3
Mega Swirl, a homebrew title from Zontar, stand-in for Sega Swirl, from PC Pack 3, DC
Phantasy Star II, from PC Pack 1, DC
Revenge of Shinobi, from PC Pack 1, DC
Rock n' Roll Racing, stand-in for Out Run from PC Pack 1
Shining Force, from PC Pack 3, DC
Sonic Spinball, from PC Pack 1, GBA
Sonic The Hedgehog, from DC
Sonic The Hedgehog 2, from PC Pack 3
Streets of Rage 2, from DC
Vectorman, from PC Pack 1, DC
Vectorman 2, from PC Pack 3
Wrestle War, from DC

Hidden Content

GatorCountry

image.png.1407001dfb4fb3428dabb6eb848a1ad9.png

DEmul only

Games Included:

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Beast + Arcade Samples
Columns III - No Change
Golden Axe II + Recolor 
Phantasy Star 2 + Improvement doubler
Shinobi 3 + Enhancement 
No Swirl, Instead Sonic Tetris  - S1 Hack
Shining Force 2 Requiem - SF2 Hack
Shining Force 2 Clash  - SF2 Hack
Sonic Contemporary  - S1 Hack
Streets of Rage 2 Ultra - SOR2 Hack
Vectorman + Weapon Swap and SRAM Save 
No Virtua Cop, Instead Space Harrier II + Arcade Samples - SHA
Wrestle War - No Change

Hidden Content

Sega Smash Pack Volume 2

Sega Smash Pack Volume 3

Sega Smash Pack Volume 4

Sega Smash Pack Volume 5

Sega Smash Pack Volume 6

Sega Smash Pack Volume 7

Links include a CDI, a TXT, and a PNG. Your game (CDI), a text file(TXT) with the list of games and in my version's case the hacks applied to those games along with instructions and notes about those hacks, and the cover art(PNG) you see on this thread. Download what you need.

I want to make this very clear, there is no best here. It is what you prefer that's best. I know a lot of my ports are improvement ports. Not the case this time. I did not really improve anything I just made a different package-option.

The original/official Sega Smashpack for Dreamcast had a bad genesis emulator in it, and it shows. Both mine and WedgeStudio's Smashpacks run Genesis games much better than the old Sega title but it comes at the cost of the 2 Dreamcast games. If you don't mind Sonic and such running a bit slower and like Sega Swirl or Virtua Cop then the original-official Sega Smashpack is for you.

The difference between my own Smashpack and the WedgeStudios Smashpack is fairly minor. I included upgrade hacks, some more major than others but none are total conversion hacks, and I did not include non-Dreamcast Smashpack releases. Wedge has games from the DC Smashpack, the PC Smashpack, the GBA Smashpack and maybe more. I only stuck to the DC Smashpack games. Mine are prettier and sound better but has less games.

If you want more games in one, grab WedgeStudio's Smashpack.

If you want games with hack improvements I am the only one in town, download the GatorCountry Smashpack forda gi'ya lil dat chomp-chomp

I promise choosing Wedge or Sega will not hurt my feelings at all, download what sounds best to you.

I did not make this to compete, per-se, with Sega or Wedge. I made this because Sega definitely has no plans of making a Volume 2, for DC, and Wedge has already moved on. He does not appear to be interested in continuing with more volumes. So, I will.

This is not a collection of my favorite hacks, games, or versions. It is derivative of the OG Sega release and likewise has some games in the mix I wouldn't include on my own as a "great"

Going forward I'll do similar Smashpacks with similar games to the Sega originals on PC and GBA. I'll mix it up with other devs/pubs like Capcom Smashpack, Midway Smashpack, etc as I produce the Sega Smashpacks. Likewise with genres, franchises, and hacks. All manner of Smashpack on the way but for now this one is simply a better running replacement for the original Sega Smashpack while deviating from the DC version less than WedgeStudio's version and including upgrades so the roms feel a little more special than a simple compilation.

I was going for something like what Nintendo did with SMB for All-Stars. Not just NES games on your SNES, improved NES games on your SNES. Same here except obviously to a lesser extent because I haven't the time nor ability to do such massive improvements.

Finally, get requests in if you want to see anything specific.  If you don't speak english, that is okay, send me links and I'll figure it out.

Awesome, I'm pumped to try this version out. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, GatorCountry said:

Official

image.png.f05fda724c8236df12de33db18aad964.png

Works in most emulators

Games Included:

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Beast
Columns
Golden Axe
Phantasy Star II
The Revenge of Shinobi
Sega Swirl
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog
Streets of Rage 2
Vectorman
Virtua Cop 2
Wrestle War

Hidden Content

WedgeStudios

image.png.eb4e51ff7ef0a8a8ff6202aaa2f73f53.png

DEmul only

Games Included:

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Beast, from PC Pack 1, DC
Body Count, stand-in for Virtua Cop 2, from DC
Columns, from PC Pack 1, DC
Columns III, from PC Pack 2
Comix Zone, from PC Pack 3
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, from PC Pack 2
ECCO The Dolphin, from GBA
Flicky, from PC Pack 3
Golden Axe, from PC Pack 1, DC, GBA
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge, stand-in for Super Hang-On from PC Pack 3
Kid Chameleon, from PC Pack 3
Mega Swirl, a homebrew title from Zontar, stand-in for Sega Swirl, from PC Pack 3, DC
Phantasy Star II, from PC Pack 1, DC
Revenge of Shinobi, from PC Pack 1, DC
Rock n' Roll Racing, stand-in for Out Run from PC Pack 1
Shining Force, from PC Pack 3, DC
Sonic Spinball, from PC Pack 1, GBA
Sonic The Hedgehog, from DC
Sonic The Hedgehog 2, from PC Pack 3
Streets of Rage 2, from DC
Vectorman, from PC Pack 1, DC
Vectorman 2, from PC Pack 3
Wrestle War, from DC

Hidden Content

GatorCountry

image.png.1407001dfb4fb3428dabb6eb848a1ad9.png

DEmul only

Games Included:

Reveal hidden contents

Altered Beast + Arcade Samples
Columns III - No Change
Golden Axe II + Recolor 
Phantasy Star 2 + Improvement doubler
Shinobi 3 + Enhancement 
No Swirl, Instead Sonic Tetris  - S1 Hack
Shining Force 2 Requiem - SF2 Hack
Shining Force 2 Clash  - SF2 Hack
Sonic Contemporary  - S1 Hack
Streets of Rage 2 Ultra - SOR2 Hack
Vectorman + Weapon Swap and SRAM Save 
No Virtua Cop, Instead Space Harrier II + Arcade Samples - SHA
Wrestle War - No Change

Hidden Content

Sega Smash Pack Volume 2

Sega Smash Pack Volume 3

Sega Smash Pack Volume 4

Sega Smash Pack Volume 5

Sega Smash Pack Volume 6

Sega Smash Pack Volume 7

Links include a CDI, a TXT, and a PNG. Your game (CDI), a text file(TXT) with the list of games and in my version's case the hacks applied to those games along with instructions and notes about those hacks, and the cover art(PNG) you see on this thread. Download what you need.

I want to make this very clear, there is no best here. It is what you prefer that's best. I know a lot of my ports are improvement ports. Not the case this time. I did not really improve anything I just made a different package-option.

The original/official Sega Smashpack for Dreamcast had a bad genesis emulator in it, and it shows. Both mine and WedgeStudio's Smashpacks run Genesis games much better than the old Sega title but it comes at the cost of the 2 Dreamcast games. If you don't mind Sonic and such running a bit slower and like Sega Swirl or Virtua Cop then the original-official Sega Smashpack is for you.

The difference between my own Smashpack and the WedgeStudios Smashpack is fairly minor. I included upgrade hacks, some more major than others but none are total conversion hacks, and I did not include non-Dreamcast Smashpack releases. Wedge has games from the DC Smashpack, the PC Smashpack, the GBA Smashpack and maybe more. I only stuck to the DC Smashpack games. Mine are prettier and sound better but has less games.

If you want more games in one, grab WedgeStudio's Smashpack.

If you want games with hack improvements I am the only one in town, download the GatorCountry Smashpack forda gi'ya lil dat chomp-chomp

I promise choosing Wedge or Sega will not hurt my feelings at all, download what sounds best to you.

I did not make this to compete, per-se, with Sega or Wedge. I made this because Sega definitely has no plans of making a Volume 2, for DC, and Wedge has already moved on. He does not appear to be interested in continuing with more volumes. So, I will.

This is not a collection of my favorite hacks, games, or versions. It is derivative of the OG Sega release and likewise has some games in the mix I wouldn't include on my own as a "great"

Going forward I'll do similar Smashpacks with similar games to the Sega originals on PC and GBA. I'll mix it up with other devs/pubs like Capcom Smashpack, Midway Smashpack, etc as I produce the Sega Smashpacks. Likewise with genres, franchises, and hacks. All manner of Smashpack on the way but for now this one is simply a better running replacement for the original Sega Smashpack while deviating from the DC version less than WedgeStudio's version and including upgrades so the roms feel a little more special than a simple compilation.

I was going for something like what Nintendo did with SMB for All-Stars. Not just NES games on your SNES, improved NES games on your SNES. Same here except obviously to a lesser extent because I haven't the time nor ability to do such massive improvements.

Finally, get requests in if you want to see anything specific.  If you don't speak english, that is okay, send me links and I'll figure it out.

gracias

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...