NextGenRoms

SQRXZ 1-4

GatorCountry

2 hours ago, MobCat said:

Please do not use archive.org for your links. They are an archiving web sight, not a piracy or CDN site.
There speeds are really slow on purpose as to not put strain on there very large sight.

I'm clearing space on my Mega

I'm open to suggestions but I don't feel like there's very many options.

I see myself as a service here. I'm not doing much if any downloading, I honestly think my last download was Intrepid Izzy.

So, not to sound like a jerk, but there's just a limit to what I am willing to do

I'm already sharing my time by making the threads, uploads, and whatever side bull I need to do to make the threads look nice like coverart or screenshots. Admittedly, I'm lazy on those sometimes. If I didn't do any work on the game you can tell by the cover and screen. If I did, then the cover and screens are redream standard sizes because I got the janky files working in redream and took some screens and sized some images for covers. Very few of my ups are not DC or are not Redream friendly. Most are ports by me and I made everything from the cdi to the screenshots and all the tinkering in between to get there.

It's not a huge big deal which is why I do it but the fact is that is my time and effort for nothing.

I'm not willing to pay to have more space to keep doing that stuff for y'all. Firstly, I just don't think I should and secondly I'm actually in a custody battle and they're judging child support so any money in any financial account in my name has to be a business write off at the moment and my business is not digital so justifying a digital storage locker is going to be a red flag and they'll hit my money harder for it. So, maybe once that's cleared I can be talked into it but until then it's not even worth y'all's time trying to convince me I ought to have a pay for storage account.

I'm not willing to round robin email accounts and free storage accounts every month, I'll f**k that up bud and I know it. I would do it if I thought I'd keep up with the accounts well but I'm pretty damn sure there'd be a month where 20gbs of my ups are down because I forgot to move files around to keep them active. Having lost an account once, I'm just not down to put myself in position where it's likely I'll have to do that work over again, once, ever, was enough

What I decided to do was look for my ups elsewhere, use those found links here, and take down whatever games I have found links for off my own Mega so I can upload new stuff without ruining the threads already here. IMO, slow's my best option at the moment.

I considered a patreon but the whole point of this cabal is free games so....that seems wrong to do too. Not morally, just I doubt it will work.

• Like 1

Yeah I know all this stuff is a lot of work and time, your work is appreciated :<3:.
No really, it is. People don't realize how much work goes into this stuff on the back end and just think downloading pirated stuff is easy... Well someone has to upload it for free to make it easy for people to download...

And yeah it is recommended to have more then one mega account.. Mega delete hole accounts not links... I have a tool for mega but its sorta private as its kinda using an exploit (only really mods and admins have it but I thought about letting some uploaders have it to). And I would have to wright up how to use it. If your really interested in keeping your stuff up and can keep it private then i'll let you have a go at it.

As for alt hosts, I was trying to make a post for this but again, lots of work and testing. The biggest things are community trust and link integrity.
Either it's trusted but goes down quickly. Or nobody wants to click on random links but it stays up for a long time.
Some other hosts, again not the most comprehensive list.

Spoiler

Google drive (gdrive)
Not really recommended anymore, but if you can keep up on the maintenance
and don't mind burning google accounts or have an in with edu accounts it might be ok

Mega (mega.nz)
Is well trusted by the community. however kinda a pain to deal with as an uploader.
and if you download a lot its kinda a pain too.

Yandex
Russian google.

1fitcher
Banned in some countries?? citation needed.

anonfiles
May not be good for long term?

MediaFire
Old but links seem to stay around for awhile.

As for burning free mega accounts though, I don't have hard numbers yet but it seem that mega delete inactive accounts after 6 months. So at minimum your links would stay up for that long if you made random accounts. I can DM you some free mega accounts if you wanna try.

> What I decided to do was look for my ups elsewhere
Yeah link stealing is against the rules 😢 It puts undew strain on whoever uploaded it first. And you have no control over the link or file.
If you take there link, post it here, and it gets popular enough to be DMCA'ed it will also take down the OP and they will have no idea why.
If the OP edits the files, deletes the links, etc, it will kill your post and you will have no idea why.

If you need help with anything please feel free to DM me as always :KannaWave:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MobCat said:

Yeah I know all this stuff is a lot of work and time, your work is appreciated :<3:.
No really, it is. People don't realize how much work goes into this stuff on the back end and just think downloading pirated stuff is easy... Well someone has to upload it for free to make it easy for people to download...

And yeah it is recommended to have more then one mega account.. Mega delete hole accounts not links... I have a tool for mega but its sorta private as its kinda using an exploit (only really mods and admins have it but I thought about letting some uploaders have it to). And I would have to wright up how to use it. If your really interested in keeping your stuff up and can keep it private then i'll let you have a go at it.

As for alt hosts, I was trying to make a post for this but again, lots of work and testing. The biggest things are community trust and link integrity.
Either it's trusted but goes down quickly. Or nobody wants to click on random links but it stays up for a long time.
Some other hosts, again not the most comprehensive list.

Reveal hidden contents

Google drive (gdrive)
Not really recommended anymore, but if you can keep up on the maintenance
and don't mind burning google accounts or have an in with edu accounts it might be ok

Mega (mega.nz)
Is well trusted by the community. however kinda a pain to deal with as an uploader.
and if you download a lot its kinda a pain too.

Yandex
Russian google.

1fitcher
Banned in some countries?? citation needed.

anonfiles
May not be good for long term?

MediaFire
Old but links seem to stay around for awhile.

As for burning free mega accounts though, I don't have hard numbers yet but it seem that mega delete inactive accounts after 6 months. So at minimum your links would stay up for that long if you made random accounts. I can DM you some free mega accounts if you wanna try.

> What I decided to do was look for my ups elsewhere
Yeah link stealing is against the rules 😢 It puts undew strain on whoever uploaded it first. And you have no control over the link or file.
If you take there link, post it here, and it gets popular enough to be DMCA'ed it will also take down the OP and they will have no idea why.
If the OP edits the files, deletes the links, etc, it will kill your post and you will have no idea why.

If you need help with anything please feel free to DM me as always :KannaWave:

:lol: Damn, my bad. I have a few done this way but I'll stop and what's done I can pretty easily manage if it goes down. I don't really have any more control over my own uploads than I do others as far as take downs goes, but I can re-up everything I've made a thread for if anything does go down.

Well, that's like an offer I can't refuse :lol: if NGR is going to supply me with fresh accounts then I don't have a problem burning through them. My current account is at 17.69gb of 20gb, there's about 15 games from the wiki list still missing here and I'm pretty sure I have all of them but there's no way I'm fitting 15 DC titles in 2gbs. 

After that, we should basically have all the sought after niche new stuff most traditional rom sites don't. 

If y'all give me enough space I'll upload the retail stuff too but that'd be a ton of space and those downloads are pretty easy to find pretty much anywhere.

• Like 1

@Ripfire
Just trying to keep the place as tidy as I can and keep it going for as long as I can.
If you don't like that then you can leave any time you want. But I think that all of our rules are justified.
AkkoShrug.png
Ok yes, I should do better explaining them and having a centralized place for them, but all of them exist for a reason.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...