(Request) Dreamcast "RocketRon"

Eternal-Krauser

1 hour ago, beast420 said:

You have magic pocket for the Dreamcast I'm just asking

I dunno, but it feels like it's around here on the forums somewhere ... or maybe it's my memory playing games on me? Because it's going to be a lot easier for you to find the Mega Drive/Genesis version anyway. Go for that native version!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ace_of_DiscaL said:

I dunno, but it feels like it's around here on the forums somewhere ... or maybe it's my memory playing games on me? Because it's going to be a lot easier for you to find the Mega Drive/Genesis version anyway. Go for that native version!

Point me to it and I'll make a port myself

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beast420 said:

Sent at Gator please check your email

I have it. I'm installing Titan IDE at the moment and soon as it's done I'll get to work. 

I don't think I can make a direct port for a genesis title, I'll try a few different solutions before I give in but I think the best I can do is a limited gui boot. It probably won't just launch into the game like most my ports, but, all you'll have to do is press A on "Magic Pockets.bin" and then it should play fine.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, beast420 said:

Sent at Gator please check your email

Alright bud, I've had this made for a little while but I ran into a pretty significant problem. I can't currently test. My old rig was running on a motherboard from 2008 and it's finally given out. The one i've been using is a crappy mini pc with only a 1.0 cpu. I got redream running fine but I didn't get demul to work and demul is really the only emulator that can run genesis titles. Redream can confirm some things for me but the graphics are a nightmare to deal with.

That said, what I can offer you is something I think works but I can't tell myself. The only way I could possibly test it at the moment is if I burned the test runs and played them on my dreamcast. Which I don't recommend anyone doing. Test it in demul and then if it works burn it and play it on your DC.

Please login or register to see this link.

Not hiding this one because It's not even a real release or port. It's a test.

I ran this on a minimal version of gens4all. It's a simple process but just in case you get lost, select "CD" and then "Magic Pockets.bin" and it should play. 

I'de appreciate it if anyone let me know if it worked.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...