Jump to content

Looking for "Fake News Covfefe" Rom Hack of Zombie Nation for NES


Recommended Posts

Looking for the Zombie Nation NES hack called "Covfefe Fake News" that parodies the President. I cannot find the rom for it anywhere, nor can I find the rom hack patch. It was up 5 years ago on a Russian site but the rom has since been deleted and I can't find it anyhwere else now, so I've turned here. If anyone has this game rom and can upload it, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ElTacoDestroyer said:

This is absolutely hilarious!

I'm almost sad I haven't heard about this sooner.

IDK if you want the .ips file or a pre-patched file but I'll upload all 3 considering it's nes, shouldn't be bigger than a MB.

Hi, thanks for reaching out, I'd appreciate any of the files whether it's the patch or the rom!

I saw your other comment but it shows this message:

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

I'm new to the site so I don't know what I need to do to see what you uploaded in your reply.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doodlebobmcmuffin said:

Hi, thanks for reaching out, I'd appreciate any of the files whether it's the patch or the rom!

I saw your other comment but it shows this message:

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

I'm new to the site so I don't know what I need to do to see what you uploaded in your reply.

 

LoLz sorry.

I forget sometimes that not everyone has access to the entirety of the forums. 

Basically you need to make more post. The more you make - The more you have access to. I think it's like minimum 10 post? - don't quote me on that.

Engage with the post! Respond. Have fun. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ElTacoDestroyer said:

Please login or register to see this link.      <----Download Link

LoLz sorry.

I forget sometimes that not everyone has access to the entirety of the forums. 

Basically you need to make more post. The more you make - The more you have access to. I think it's like minimum 10 post? - don't quote me on that.

Engage with the post! Respond. Have fun. 

I just tried the pre-patched rom out on my RetroPie and on a PC emulator. The opening text is right (the text crawl about the election) and the in-game health bar + attack are right (the elephants indicating the health and the attack being the Twitter logo), but the menu doesn't say "Fake News Covfefe" and the in-game character head model isn't Trump. I also tried patching the provided base rom with the ips but the same result was given. Is something incomplete with the file? I'm really sorry if I'm coming off as ungrateful right now because I don't mean to, I'm extremely glad you've helped out at all so far with providing anything!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, doodlebobmcmuffin said:

I just tried the pre-patched rom out on my RetroPie and on a PC emulator. The opening text is right (the text crawl about the election) and the in-game health bar + attack are right (the elephants indicating the health and the attack being the Twitter logo), but the menu doesn't say "Fake News Covfefe" and the in-game character head model isn't Trump. I also tried patching the provided base rom with the ips but the same result was given. Is something incomplete with the file? I'm really sorry if I'm coming off as ungrateful right now because I don't mean to, I'm extremely glad you've helped out at all so far with providing anything!

Hmmmm.

Maybe the patch file is not complete? 

I'll try searching for a updated file in the morning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ElTacoDestroyer said:

Found it!

Did a quick Deep Dive.

Please login or register to see this link.

^^^ Click Image to Download ^^^

You're incredible, thank you so much! I don't know how you did it but this is the rom I've been looking for since I heard about it years ago! Works perfectly on my RetroPie and everything. Thank you again for your help!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

just discovered this rom; thanks for posting the link, this version doesn't have the GOP health bar or tweet firestorm coming out of his mouth. SAD!  please someone find the full patched version for MAGA's sake!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jeddaz81 said:

just discovered this rom; thanks for posting the link, this version doesn't have the GOP health bar or tweet firestorm coming out of his mouth. SAD!  please someone find the full patched version for MAGA's sake!

 

There should be 2 links that ElTacoDestroyer posted. One is the unpatched version without all the graphical changes, and the latter link has everything on the rom. Try both/all links here, the newer of the two should be the complete one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2020 at 11:12 PM, doodlebobmcmuffin said:

I just tried the pre-patched rom out on my RetroPie and on a PC emulator. The opening text is right (the text crawl about the election) and the in-game health bar + attack are right (the elephants indicating the health and the attack being the Twitter logo), but the menu doesn't say "Fake News Covfefe" and the in-game character head model isn't Trump. I also tried patching the provided base rom with the ips but the same result was given. Is something incomplete with the file? I'm really sorry if I'm coming off as ungrateful right now because I don't mean to, I'm extremely glad you've helped out at all so far with providing anything!

It's no longer available :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By RealChenYakumo
      Does anybody have the roms of the "Near Arcade" modes of Salamander, Fantasy Zone, & Gradius?
    • By doodlebobmcmuffin
      Demo files for these games were once up on some forum sites but have since been removed, so I'm hoping someone here has the game roms or knows where to find it. Thanks in advance!
    • By karoi
      BK is ready to do anything to recover his favorite toys!
      The young Bitmap Kid has pants with bottomless pockets, allowing him to store all his favorite toys. But these pockets overlook a universe called PocketLand and the inhabitants had the bad idea to steal the precious objects of BK. Venture into many levels where you have to crush your enemies with a multitude of weapons right out of your pockets and find the exit of the course by collecting the most points possible. You will be able to count on power-ups to overcome this fantastic adventure.
    • By doodlebobmcmuffin
      Hoping someone can link me a CDI file for Alice's Mom's Rescue for the Dreamcast. Haven't had any luck finding the file online anywhere. Thanks in advance!
    • By doodlebobmcmuffin
      Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me find a .BIN/.CUE format rom for a PC Engine CD game called "Faussete Amour."
      I can easily find the .ISO/.CUE on several of the top listed sites for the game, but the emulator I'm using on my PSP will only play .BIN/.CUE files.
      I also tried converting the .ISO to a .BIN with no success. I guess the .BIN/.CUE would have needed to come from the CD itself when it was ripped.
      If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it a lot. Thanks to all in advance!

×
×
  • Create New...