Jump to content

yandex Akumajou Dracula X-Gekka no Yasoukyoku 4MB HACK (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)


Recommended Posts

The thing is, I can't burn slower than 16x as imgburn or any other burning software I have installed won't allow it.  I think it has something to do with the firmware on the cd burner.  I couldn't find any way to burn at a lower speed either while searching online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, Gamerone said:

                                                                                                 Please login or register to see this link.

 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

This is great. Thank you

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 12:48 PM, randybobandy said:

The thing is, I can't burn slower than 16x as imgburn

Yeah that's your problem, modern drives are unable to burn at speeds lower than 16x and are no good for PS1/Saturn games burning, you need to get an older high quality drive from 2000-2003 and burn at the slowest speed possible, and also get old high quality low speed CD-R, writer quality and CD-R quality is very important and basically what's available nowadays both in terms of writer and CD-R is awful. Burning PS1/Saturn games on modern drives with modern CD-R is going to give you what you got so far, disappearing audio, skipping audio, freezes etc.

Edited by Lycian14
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 8:28 AM, Lycian14 said:

Yeah that's your problem, modern drives are unable to burn at speeds lower than 16x and are no good for PS1/Saturn games burning, you need to get an older high quality drive from 2000-2003 and burn at the slowest speed possible, and also get old high quality low speed CD-R, writer quality and CD-R quality is very important and basically what's available nowadays both in terms of writer and CD-R is awful. Burning PS1/Saturn games on modern drives with modern CD-R is going to give you what you got so far, disappearing audio, skipping audio, freezes etc.

You're right with the PS1 games, however, most of the Saturn that I've downloaded and burned at 16x have had 0 audio issues or glitches.  I was thinking maybe it's the actual rom that was buggy?

Newer versions of pskai have fixed some of the previous audio glitches that were apparent in some of the FMV cutscenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 1:32 PM, randybobandy said:

You're right with the PS1 games, however, most of the Saturn that I've downloaded and burned at 16x have had 0 audio issues or glitches.  I was thinking maybe it's the actual rom that was buggy?

That's true, Saturn seem to be more leniant than PS1 for some reason, however cd-r quality and drive writing quality at low speed still matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...