NextGenRoms

Asuka 120% Limit Over

Gamerone

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to get the Japanese, not English patched, version of Limit Over?

I've tried getting the unpatched game and then patching it with the Japanese Limit Over patch but it doesn't work. The patch expects a single .bin version it seems, while the only one available online has multiple bin files. Converting them into a single bin with CDMage doesn't make the patch work either however.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Edited by Alextended
Typos.
  • Like 1

Limit Over is an originally Japanese patch for Burning Fest. Limited that removes story mode, adds a dodge system & more moves, does a balance pass & more.

It's like a final ultimate match edition mostly geared around PVP (but also just more fun to play in my opinion, the new dodge system is awesome).

Then the Limit Over patched version got an English patch on top of it (there's no English patch for the original Burning Fest. Limited with the story mode etc.).

I want Burning Fest. Limited patched with the Japanese Limit Over patch, without the English patch on top of it if anyone has it.

Getting the unpatched Burning Fest. Limited and the original Japanese non-translated Limit Over patch doesn't work, it expects a specific single bin version of Burning Fest. Limited I can't find. Converting the multiple bin version to a single bin with CDMage doesn't let the Japanese Limit Over patch work either.

I also tried loading the image with a virtual drive then using Image Burn to make a new single bin/cue image, the Japanese Limit Over patch still didn't work.

Edited by Alextended
I hope it's more clear now.

Oh well, don't worry about it I guess. After a lot of searching I can't even find a youtube video of the Japanese version of Limit Over (at least when searching in English) so I guess it's just about impossible to get for us. I'll stick with the English patched (and region patched) version too, it's playing the game that matters.

Thanks a lot for having this in the first place, I basically signed up just for this game since I couldn't find it elsewhere :)

By the way if you lot don't already know, somehow archive.org has extensive iso/rom sets for pretty much any retro system out there, including Saturn. I don't know if they will ever lose the permission they somehow have but for now and since many rom/iso sites were taken down it's a valuable resource. I got a complete Final Burn Neo compatible arcade romset from there for example, as well as lots of Saturn and PS1 games I was missing.

Saturn games are here for example. Anyway, feel free to distribute this knowledge wherever they may not know already. Download speeds are horrible but yeah!

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Alextended
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...