NextGenRoms

Ape Escape P UNDUB (EU) + EU -> NA On the Loose patch

swosho

• swosho changed the title to Ape Escape P UNDUB [UCES00045] + EU -> NA On the Loose patch
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, swosho said:

This is the hidden content, please

DL (287 MB, cso):

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

99% file swaps & 1% eboot edits = 100% undubbed, bby!

If you really want to play the undubbed North American version instead – apply 

to the undubbed European cso.

Do you think you'll ever work on the PS1 version?

• Upvote 2

Just now, swosho said:

@zarusama I don't think so, I haven't spent enough time figuring out a proper way of swapping the XA audio to begin undubbing the PS1 stuff.

Besides that, IIRC the PS1 original doesn't have the subtitles.

Right, I didn't remember it but you're right. Such a shame, it would be perfect to play the game in its best version... on PSP the controls are f**ked up. What about Ape Escape 2?

@zarusama Come on, the simplified control scheme is not that bad.

AE2's dual TOC files are a huge pain to deal with, I shelved that undub indefinitely but will try to come up with a solution by the end of the year. Edit: Ok, figured out the TOC files, only the soundbank headers left to edit but they're pointlessly crazy complex.

• 6 months later...

I found a few bugs that make impossible to complete the game in the undub. I finished the first ending just now and when the credits end and the post-credits scene is loading the game always crashes, i tried doing a save state on the post-credits scene using the original unedited version and when i loaded it in the undub the voices were in english on that scene. Also the game always crashes when i load a save file when playing in any other language that is not english. Aside from that and the clown boss in Specter Land, which for some reason wasn't undubed the undub works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

@Pocovid It's always the European version, innit? Right, I think I fixed everything this time around but I only have the the cleared North American save, so please test out this cso if you can: 

Thanks for the feedback!

On 6/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, Pocovid said:

i tried doing a save state on the post-credits scene using the original unedited version and when i loaded it in the undub the voices were in english on that scene.

Ofc the English voices have manifested there because of the save state.

Edited by swosho
  • Upvote 1

I tested it out, and now it works in every language, but it still crashes after the credits and (although it's not really that important) the clown on the circus of Specter Land is still in english.

Thank you for taking your time to fix it.

• Like 1

@Pocovid Okay, I think I have an idea now what causes the post-credits crash, though the clown's audio so far seems to be the same between the versions. I'll scour the executable for the clown's strings just in case a little bit later, right after I post the other undub that's almost finished now.

Massive thanks for testing it out, and sorry for the trouble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • swosho changed the title to Ape Escape P UNDUB (EU) + EU -> NA On the Loose patch
  • 1 year later...