NextGenRoms

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune on XBOX?

Shahaan

Bringing this project back from the dead but theres one difference. I have an XBOX now. I'm only going to get it softmodded sometime next month, but its better to get a headstart I guess.

So in particular I want to try and make Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 1 or 2 (Chihiro) working with an XBOX since no one has seemed to test the game, I know it would require more ram but that's also sort of a concern for me in terms of WMMT, I'm sure the games wouldn't eat up much ram since its highly detailed sure, but its also racing on the Wangan, a very closed road, the space for gameplay is pretty small so I think it might have a small chance of working or atleast booting into the test mode

And also, I've looked around but I can't actually find the amount of RAM that WMMT takes on the Chihiro.

I was sent some XBE/Extracted files for the 2 games as well so that makes things a little easier for me

the games look like this

WMMT.jpg

wmmt 2.jpg

wmmt 3.jpg

WMMT.jpg

WMMT 4.jpg

Edited by Shahaan
Added more pictures
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I'm not to sure what you are trying to get out of this post :think: Do you have something to release? Do you need help testing? Do you need some more files?
I have a legit xbox devkit we can use for testing and some tweaking of things but I suck at programming...
I don't have any Chihiro roms sadly. When I have some free time I have been meaning to track them down but I think last time I looked at them they where encrypted somehow and a pain to get working in emulators and og xboxs...
I want to help just don't know exactly what you want :KannaWave:

• Like 2

Looking back on it, I see that my initial post was kind of unclear, so to put it simply, I want to have these games be tested on an XBOX, and I guess what I was mainly worried about in the first post was if the games fails to show anything, I can't really do anything about that.

if you'd like those extracted game roms, I can send them to you if you'd like.

and now that you mention it I did think about porting something like Reicast to the Xbox though I know next to nothing about coding, I've been recommended learning it which I also am interested in, just not particularly my centre of focus right now, it would mainly work with those upgraded XBOX systems, you know the ones

Edited by Shahaan
  • Like 1

Well when it comes to the xbox I can test all the things :nepyah:
I have retail xboxs with modchip, flashed tsops and generic softmods.
I also have a late model dev kit with the extra ram that could also play retail games. And I even have and know how to use all the tools to get games onto and off devkits. Also have some basic debug info so if the game wont boot i sorta know why.
To clarify a bit about my devkit. It is a stock dev kit set up in the same way a legit xbox dev would of used it back in the day. It can not just run a retail game disk or any retail game code. It can run some homebrew stuff and the reason why i have left it stock is it will boot any old debug code at all out side of any code from really really old alpha and beta debug kits as they use a different variant of gpu. if i want to run full retail code i have like 2 other xboxs for that...

Anyways if you want something tested then yeah just send me a PM and we will see what we can do :KannaWave:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its not possible to get it on the xbox one, as it was only a Chihiro game. Your only bet to play WMMT games at home now is to Play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 or 5. 5 recommended with Teknoparrot because 4 is a real pain to get working

• 1 year later...

Its a matter of when, CXBX-R is going to be the first one to get Chihiro support in since well

Luke Usher is the only one working on that. He did a bunch of work in 2019 I think dedicated to Chihiro but its become outdated to introduce into the new builds so he needs it to get up to speed, this old branch of his is available on github but you need to compile it yourself (I'm bad with compilers so I never did)

that aside whether it boots or not will be a mystery because apparently the main thing stopping it from doing so is I/O checks apparently which need to be implemented with steering wheels and pedals

Edited by Shahaan
Clarify who I'm speaking of

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Fun fact, I only softmodded my Xbox the other day, and it wasn't even the same one

if I even want to get something out of this  it'll need a ram upgrade and some investigation on the JVS side of things, should probably only run on a custom chihiro launcher for a dev kit if someone managed to figure out how to incorporate the JVS into the Xbox