gdrive Nightshade UNDUB [NTSC-U]

swosho

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've trying to activate widescreen patch on this game via OPL. Before, I usually played the normal US version and it worked fine but after the replacement to this undub version, the cheat device(PS2RD) are not recognizing the mastercodes that I have. Here these that I tested but not worked =/ :

Please login or register to see this code.

Can someone have another mastercode that works with this version?

• Upvote 1

Already made it to work!!

I think the problem was another code that I had in the cht file, in the case the especific code was made to invert camera controls. After I noticed that this released undub version already have inverted camera controls,  I came to the conclusion that maybe this caused a kind of conflict. So, after removing this code the widescreen comes back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 4:55 AM, swosho said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Update 2021-04-19: Undubbed the remaining stray English sfx voice clips + fixed the compatibility issues with PCSX2 and PS3.
Title ID: SLUS-20810 

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Notes:
※ The subtitles aren't too accurate to the Japanese script.
※ The opening video is hardsubbed now, since you can't watch it softsubbed until after beating the first level.
※ I also took the liberty to un-invert the camera controls. Apply Please login or register to see this link. if you'd like to revert that change.

If you're playing in widescreen and/or using cheats on PCSX2, be sure to rename your pnaches to reflect the modified executable's new checksum:
519E816B.pnach -> 160B66C8.pnach
No need do this if you're sticking with the original camera controls.

Thanks to @vergil2012 for reuploading the original undub!

😎  heh... I love the idea of playing a whole game with a sexy NINJA girl.

Hi @Please login or register to see this link. , it looks there is still an issue with this UNDUB in PCSX2. In tutorial - movement controls level, you will see the screen covered by an almost 3/4 transparency texture, but in SW mode and NTSC-U original one don't have this issue at all. I believe that PCSX2 has built-in hack cheat with Nightshade, since UNDUB changed CRC numbers, it makes the HW glitch issue re-showed up.

u5redp.png

@Puxirepublic As you have noted, the issue here lies with PCSX2 itself and the emulator maintainers' unwillingness to approve the "unofficial CRCs", which they simply remove. The devs are actively gimping the modded games' compatibility. See the PR with this undub's default CRC get rejected shortly (Edit: Please login or register to see this link. ).

The most reasonable workaround in such predicament would be to apply the patch to revert the un-inverted camera controls changes, which will restore the unmodified elf, and then manage the inverted camera situation however you like. I always provide the patches to revert the non-essential executable changes btw.

• Haha 1