• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@AD5 Simply load up the undub iso on PCSX2 (CDVD -> ISO selector, then System -> Boot ISO) or run the thing via Please login or register to see this link. on a softmodded PS2. The game should also be compatible with PS3/PS4's native PS2 emulators.

Ok i don't know why but booting the iso file on PCSX2 didn't work for me with the undub. Other games (even the normal Nightshade) worked normal
I tried different settings, different emulator versions and different bioses, but that all didn't work.

When loading the Disk via CDVD -> Plugin it suddenly worked

thank you for your help

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AD5 said:

When loading the Disk via CDVD -> Plugin it suddenly worked

You're right. Somehow, that's the only way to boot the game on PCSX2. Works fine on a real hardware though.

If you still have an unmodified Nightshade iso on hand, try grabbing a slus_208.10 file from it and sticking it into the undub iso. PCSX2 can be picky about pre-patched elf executables.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@geeseex I went and de-bloated the ISO by nuking the padding data on it, this can potentially negatively affect the loading times if played off a burned DVD, but the game should work perfectly fine otherwise. Sorry for the late reply.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I cant make it work, always black screen on PCSX2. I tried how I alwasy do (Iso Image) and mounting the iso with Daemon Tools (CDVD - Plugin).

Anyway thank for all your work, this dont worked to me this time but i enjoyed much others games that you upload!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ElTacoDestroyer
      Please login or register to see this spoiler.  
    • By swosho
      Please login or register to see this link.  Please login or register to see this link.
      Title ID: SLUS-21344 
      Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Made from scratch, 100% undubbed. Unfortunately, the Japanese lip-sync data wasn't restored.
      There's no other action-adventure game quite like this one, give it a try if you haven't yet.
      ❗ Please redownload if you've grabbed the undub sometime between 2021-04-19 and 2021-06-06.
    • By swosho
      Update 2021-06-06: Better FMV subs, fixed the corrupted voice clips.
      Title ID: SLUS-21263 
      Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Incidentally, it appears like all of the Japanese-exclusive voice clips were restored. FMVs are hardsubbed.
      Requested by @k1ra
      If you're playing in widescreen and/or using cheats on PCSX2, be sure to rename your pnaches to reflect the modified executable's new checksum:
      239CF68A.pnach -> 23944EA6.pnach
    • By swosho
      Title ID: SLUS-20694 
      Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Undubbed completely. In comparison with another undub out there in the wild, this one features fully restored Japanese voice clips, subtitled intro FMV, adjusted cutscene audio length to prevent crashes after some cutscenes, a full-length "bike key" FMV + its "costumed" variations are now undubbed.
      Notes:
      ※ The Japanese version uses more sfx voice clips in several audio banks, so those extras didn't make it into this undub.
      ※ A handful of the non-cutscene voice clips had to be either slightly downsampled or had their silent parts at the end trimmed.
      There's also a complete undub for the PC version available here: