• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: Toned down the outline thickness to match the Growlanser IV hardsub and corrected some mistakes I've been meaning to fix for quite some time.

It's all very minor stuff, like a missed comma, "judgement" is now "judgment" (the game is in American English), a single typo and a case of awkward wording.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, swosho said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Update 2019-12-30 Corrected the mistakes I spotted.
DL (539 MB): 

Hidden Content

• Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

The undub that's been floating around until now have only the battle audio undubbed, the anime cutscenes remain raw unsubbed. This is an attempt at getting the cutscenes subtitled.
I have very little confidence both in my English and Japanese, so I've decided to play it safe and make a transcription of the English videos' script and cook the subtitles based on that. In case you wish to modify the subs in any way, Please login or register to see this link.

This whole sub job was inspired by the relatively recent similar addendums to the undubs of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Jeanne d'Arc. If you recall any other PSP games that need to be subtitled or need to have their videos' audio tracks swapped for the Japanese ones – let me know.

If you'd like to see how the subs are styled: 

Pleas

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • swosho changed the title to Hexyz Force UNDUB (complete) (NA)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By swosho
      Title ID: SLUS20678
      Size: 3.84 GB / 1.62 GB archived
      Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Note: The start of the Festival of Regina Leone fluff FMVs (1 per character) are not hardsubbed, you can Please login or register to see this link. . The Memorial Fires cutscenes are softsubbed. FFX-2 promotional video accessible from the main menu was nuked.
      Re-muxing FMVs in this game with ps2str or PSS Plex results in a horribly stuttering sound throughout. At this point I don't know how to work around the issue, so I gave up for now. If anyone would like to take a crack at this at some point, Please login or register to see this link. to give you a head start in such endeavour.
    • By swosho
      Update 2021-04-19: PAL begone + now works on PS3.
      Title ID: SLUS20928
      Size: 1 GB / 618 MB archived
      Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Undubbed completely, in contrast with the Russian-translated European undub you might've stumbled upon.
    • By swosho
      Title ID: SLES53481 (En, Fr, De, Es, It)
      Size: 2.2 GB / 1.4 GB archived

Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Supports both PAL 50Hz & NTSC 60Hz.
      Albeit on a short side, this game has one of the most ballin' soundtracks, check it out.
      Notes:
      ※ The western version of the game has some of the voice clips removed, I wasn't been able to restore them.
      ※ The camera controls were un-inverted.
      If you're playing in widescreen and/or using cheats on PCSX2, be sure to rename your pnaches to reflect the modified executable's new checksum:
      "EF97EC8F.pnach" -> "9FFB0EFF.pach".
      Another massive thanks to aluigi for fulfilling a request to make a quickbms script for the game!
    • By swosho
      Update 2021-04-19: Undubbed the remaining stray English sfx voice clips + fixed the compatibility issues with PCSX2 and PS3.
      Title ID: SLUS20810
      Size: 828 MB / 560 MB archived

Hidden Content
      Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content. Notes:
      ※ The subtitles aren't too accurate to the Japanese script.
      ※ The opening video is hardsubbed now, since you can't watch it softsubbed until after beating the first level.
      ※ I also took the liberty to un-invert the camera controls. Apply Please login or register to see this link. if you'd like to revert that change.
      If you're playing in widescreen and/or using cheats on PCSX2, be sure to rename your pnaches to reflect the modified executable's new checksum:
      "519E816B.pnach" -> "160B66C8.pach". You don't need to do this if you've chose to revert the un-inverted camera controls.
      Thanks to @vergil2012 for reuploading the original undub!