gdrive Tenchu: Time of the Assassins UNDUB (proper) (EU)

swosho

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

OMG thanks!! I've been looking for this for years!! Is there any way you could upload a version where I can play the undub in spanish too? 

EDIT: I've been trying it and the sounds of the characters while fighting seem to be bugged. I mean instead of the typical ("Hey! ha! hey!") sounds it shows up mute or with a low distorted sound. Do you know how to fix that?

BTW how did you edit the videos of the game? I mean changing the audio while keeping the subtitles? I tried but couldnt unlink them :S

Edited by koken
  • Upvote 1

@koken My bad, back then I should've properly compared how the sfx voice clips sound between the versions.
Basically, the game has a table somewhere with the pointers instead of utilising the sound bank's internal VAG headers, so it's reading the sounds at a slightly offset coordinates. I thought I found the table in the executable and swapped it for the Japanese one but that made no difference for some reason, guess there must be another one somewhere. Thanks for reporting the issue.

I'll try fix it in a day or two but the current link must be nuked for the time being. Sorry for the trouble.

On 6/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, koken said:

BTW how did you edit the videos of the game?

It's quite an involved process. Look up "UMD Stream Composer".

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ElTacoDestroyer  Good old UMDGen still works fine for building the ISOs from scratch, swapping/adding/removing a couple of files, manipulating the LBA, relinking, etc. If there's a need to edit the executable, DecEboot and sign_np will got you covered with decryption and encryption. There's pretty long chain of tools and steps for getting the pmf videos done though, I'll describe the process in detail if that's what you're after.

Sorry for the super late reply.

• swosho changed the title to Tenchu: Time of the Assassins UNDUB (proper) (EU) English-only ver.
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, NefariousCunt said:

Tenchu 3 but with the limitations of the PS1 games

Exactly this. ☝
Looking past the underwhelming visuals, it's immensely good fun for a portable Tecnchu title from 2005.

• Like 1

That being said, I do wonder if it would be possible to mod this game, like maybe remove the draw distance limitation. I know the game would function without the black curtain because sometimes the black curtain glitches and lets you see more, and chief amongst my doubts for it being necessary is the fact that they deadass released Tenchu 3 for PSP in Japan under the title 'Tenchu San Portable', and that game doesn't have a black curtain.

• Like 1

LunaMoo of PPSSPP forums does these kind of hacks from time to time.

At least the dithering on an actual PSP/Vita helps a little bit to make the cardboard-ass fog wall to look more diffused. I speculate the draw distance cut-off behind it may look too rough and it would also had to be pushed out farther. I would go for another playthrough in a heartbeat if the fog / draw distance were to be fixed.

• Like 1

Just jumped back in and was laughing my ass off at how inaccurate the kick at the end of Tatsumaru's basic combo is. Still love this game. Gotta look into whether or not I can get the multiplayer to work with an emulator. Thanks for the tip also! I'll look into this LunaMoo. My dream would be to mod the character movesets and replace some of the goons with more Tenchu 3 bosses. Still salty that Dr. Kimira wasn't playable in Tenchu 3's versus mode. I remember looking at the chibot as a kid and being like "why the hell not use the ginger guy with the same moveset?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NefariousCunt said:

Also kinda bummed that the website that used to host custom Time of The Assassins missions no longer exists. Was looking forward to playing some random missions.

Eeeeeeeyooooo lookie what I found. Please login or register to see this link.

The madlads created a Noah's Ark for their whole website lol

• Like 1

There's also r/Tenchu where you can find a bunch of missions posted by a French lad called BubblyHype. I tried a couple and boy... one of em was a straight maze. I really wanted to post a reply, because on every thread he asks for feedback, and no one ever responded. Alas, the threads are now locked but the downloads are up. The mission editor in this game can be pretty time consuming to use so it's always nice to have more levels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • swosho changed the title to Tenchu: Time of the Assassins UNDUB (proper) (EU)